Tee time booking and restrictions on how many times a week you can book

D

Deleted member 15344

At first we were told two rounds in the rolling week, to me, that means 7 days from today, then 7 days from tomorrow, then 7 days from Saturday and so on. It was soon found that once today's round was finished you could book the day after tomorrow (if you had a tee booked today and tomorrow). In the first week we were also very quickly told we could play every day up to the weekend if times were available, which they were because we were on 9 holes with two sets of concurrent tee times. I discussed it with Trev and Simon one evening where I found out the rolling week was In their eyes Sat - Fri. I have no problem with that, and adjusted my bookings accordingly. However, going to 18 holes has seriously reduced any flexibility we had inWeek 1 with two sets of 9 to book, and the seven day period is chockablock from the start. I'd love to play every day if I could, but appreciate the needs to make it available to all members, in my opinion we should go back to 9 holes, at least whilst still on 2 balls, and keep the limit at 3 9 hole rounds in 7 days (not rolling days).

Basically some people enjoyed the fact they could get out every single day and play golf - whilst many others couldn’t. We opened up the second week at the same time as people were told that when we go to 18 holes people will be restricted to 3 times a week which is more than fair.

When we were at 9 holes we managed to get 476 golfers playing with many playing every single day - moving to 18 holes we have increased that number in the past week to 485 golfers with the average playing 2 times in a week.

We progressed forward in small steps and each time we got more people playing more holes - throughout the first week the main question from the majority was - “when can we go to 18 “

Right now it works - more people are playing and there are still tee times available for people who want to play a 3rd round. Workers are not being punished by only getting two 9’s .

Diamond

Visit site
Like everyone else our BRS is nuts when the tee times open at 8PM. I messaged the General Manager today asking him how many new members in the last 2 weeks he said over 40! I am sure most clubs are the same. Hopefully golf can take advantage for the long term.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Members only bookings for the first four tee times in every hour - visitors can book the other two. No restrictions on how many times you can play.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Members only bookings for the first four tee times in every hour - visitors can book the other two. No restrictions on how many times you can play.
Sure this may have been asked (so apologies) but why are you allowing visitors. We may go to members guest but have no immediate intention to open it up to visitors. The feeling is members have supported the club with their memberships and so for a period of time deserve to have full access to the booking system. Is it a financially driven decision

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Sure this may have been asked (so apologies) but why are you allowing visitors. We may go to members guest but have no immediate intention to open it up to visitors. The feeling is members have supported the club with their memberships and so for a period of time deserve to have full access to the booking system. Is it a financially driven decision

I can take visitors to my Away club, also, we’ve had loads of tee slots not taken up at my home club, possibly because it’s spread over a week due to people being off work, so there’s not the normal rush just for the weekend, or some may not like 2-balls only, so I’m aware if slots remain available after a full week of Fourballs, then member guests may be sanctioned, we may as well take some cash if we can rather than just see empty tee slots.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I can take visitors to my Away club, also, we’ve had loads of tee slots not taken up at my home club, possibly because it’s spread over a week due to people being off work, so there’s not the normal rush just for the weekend, or some may not like 2-balls only, so I’m aware if slots remain available after a full week of Fourballs, then member guests may be sanctioned, we may as well take some cash if we can rather than just see empty tee slots.
That may be the difference. We're fully booked every day at the moment, both for two balls at the start and end of the day playing nine holes and all of the eighteen hole slots

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site

It's a proprietary club and the owner has to balance the needs of members and the cash that visitors bring.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
We opened up booking for this friday as the first day 4 balls will be allowed, and most people booking 18 holes rather than 9 as before
Now pretty solidly booked with mostly 4 (a few 3) balls until 6pm.
2 balls only 7.30 until 9am
No guests or visitors as yet

So still really busy but I guess there's still a lot of catching up on golf to do!
Also someone pointed out as a Club with a lot of members being 60+, there are normally a couple of dozen of people who are usually away in Spain or Portugal at this time of year who are now still at home and wanting to play golf.

Diamond

Visit site
Noticed this week people adding onto my 2 ball. Not a Problem for me but playing partner is 67 and has been cautious throughout. It’s not the 4 ball more not knowing who they are. We have had emails of people disobeying the Rules at Our club and not social distancing. Just wondered whether members should get a choice.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Noticed this week people adding onto my 2 ball. Not a Problem for me but playing partner is 67 and has been cautious throughout. It’s not the 4 ball more not knowing who they are. We have had emails of people disobeying the Rules at Our club and not social distancing. Just wondered whether members should get a choice.

Doesn’t your partner have the choice of playing or not?

Fish

Banned
Visit site

At Woodhall they have allocated a number of specific 2 ball tee times midweek for this exact reason, which I think is excellent by the club.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We opened up booking for this friday as the first day 4 balls will be allowed, and most people booking 18 holes rather than 9 as before
Now pretty solidly booked with mostly 4 (a few 3) balls until 6pm.
2 balls only 7.30 until 9am
No guests or visitors as yet

So still really busy but I guess there's still a lot of catching up on golf to do!
Also someone pointed out as a Club with a lot of members being 60+, there are normally a couple of dozen of people who are usually away in Spain or Portugal at this time of year who are now still at home and wanting to play golf.
Sounds similar to ours. We are offering 18 holes from 7.00am-16.24 nine holes from 16.36-19.00 (and we have to still be offsite by 20.45) and nine holes on the back from 7.30am-8.42 so members are given plenty of choice and availability to play. Not too many 18 hole times left on some days as the roll up groups are starting to book in clumps around their regular time. Lots of people taking advantage of the 9 after work too so very busy at the moment. I think it's a positive thing and for me and glad members are getting a chance to catch up on some golf

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
With 2-balls our slots were booked solid, usually within a few minutes of the times going live. With the introduction of 4-balls the morning slots are fairly full, but there is plenty of availability in the afternoons.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played early this morning, round in 2 hrs 20. Definitely a lot less manic than two weeks ago. I almost enjoyed it. Gaps starting to appear in the booking system.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With the allowance of 4 balls all booking restrictions now removed. We are not allowed to use anonymous because of track and trace and anybody who does so has it removed well before the day by the manager. We have kept 10 minute intervals and you could see some pretty large gaps yesterday as quite a few 2 balls went out.

Some on the committee have been trying to remove the use anonymous for some years so it looks like that aspect is here to stay.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just gone to 3 balls still 9 holes .
You can carry on if tee is empty.
We have been told in email first comp is an open on 3rd July.
No rules or explanation of how cards will be sorted yet.
But it’s a start.

Diamond

Visit site
I am aware of some 9 hole courses, nearby, that have been taking visitor bookings but has anybody's 18 hole course opened tee times to visitors?
The reason I ask is that I was hoping to play a few decent courses in North West England/North Wales during the last 3 week of June. :)

D

Deleted member 3432

I am aware of some 9 hole courses, nearby, that have been taking visitor bookings but has anybody's 18 hole course opened tee times to visitors?
The reason I ask is that I was hoping to play a few decent courses in North West England/North Wales during the last 3 week of June. :)

Silloth is now fully open to visitors and members guests.

Very North West England :ROFLMAO:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
We are now all 2 balls all day! (Wales) Members only, book online 48 hours in advance, max 2 rounds per member in a 5 day period. Times book up reasonably quickly, but I have yet to have an issue....

Plenty of the golfers in the village who are not members anywhere are driving to Bristol or the Forest of Dean to play as visitors.