Tee time booking and restrictions on how many times a week you can book

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
After yesterday’s decision by Scot Gov to allow Golf in Scotland after the 28th May, I looked at our booking sheet only to see it was booked solid until 12th June and I mean solid, from 7.30 AM to 7PM at night. The roll up group and Ladies advanced booking had all been removed to allow more people to play.. but ther appear to be just multiple bookings by the same people some more than once a day.

There has to be fairer way for all the members to be able to get a game?

What is your club doing , if anything to restrict the numbers and sharing booking so more can play?

D

Deleted member 16999

Depends on membership numbers, for us, no restrictions, visitors can book anytime Mon-Fri and after 4pm at weekends, not seen or heard of one member complaining yet.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
7 days in advance for members
No restrictions
As many times per week as you wish

Visitors can book in
From 7am on the day of play
ours is 3 weeks maybe thats the problem.

Text from a mate who is a member at Inverness and they have resticted to two times a week and then any free up to 24 hours before are up for grabs again

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Depends on membership numbers, for us, no restrictions, visitors can book anytime Mon-Fri and after 4pm at weekends, not seen or heard of one member complaining yet.
i think we have around 700, of course no date yet for the act return, but i hope the club look at how things can be done to allow more of the members to get a game rather than FCFS

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
After yesterday’s decision by Scot Gov to allow Golf in Scotland after the 28th May, I looked at our booking sheet only to see it was booked solid until 12th June and I mean solid, from 7.30 AM to 7PM at night. The roll up group and Ladies advanced booking had all been removed to allow more people to play.. but ther appear to be just multiple bookings by the same people some more than once a day.

What is your club doing , if anything to restrict the numbers and sharing booking so more can play?

Can't say how bookings are being managed here but just wanted to say that's mad what your club are doing :eek:

D

Deleted member 3432

I think I commented on this on the other thread.

Have the club communicated anything to the membership as yet?

As a minimum the club should be sending information to the membership on what they are doing now and what they have planned moving forward. Could be they have not yet finalised these plans and are a little behind the eight ball.

With luck you will know where you stand in the next few days.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
ours is 3 weeks maybe thats the problem.

Text from a mate who is a member at Inverness and they have resticted to two times a week and then any free up to 24 hours before are up for grabs again

Surely your club should have stopped taking bookings during lockdown closure period...

They need to cancel all them bookings, and come up with a plan to go forward upon reopening, those current bookings surely can't stand...??

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think I commented on this on the other thread.

Have the club communicated anything to the membership as yet?

As a minimum the club should be sending information to the membership on what they are doing now and what they have planned moving forward. Could be they have not yet finalised these plans and are a little behind the eight ball.

With luck you will know where you stand in the next few days.
Hope so dear boy, no date yet so just hope things are looked at before we do have a date.

bit of a shock to the system as i hardly ever book times always play in the roll up or with mates that book the times, and the comps are mostly drawn anyway

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours is 9 holes only 5 times a week.
Tee open 48hrs in advance.
If you play 9 and tee is empty you ask the pro if you can carry on.
Has worked very well.
I would not be happy with what your club has done.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
14 day period for bookings, max. of 3 bookings on the system at any one time. With the exception of Saturdays which for the next 2 weeks at least is being decided by the club in an effort to ensure as many people as possible get to play. We have a contingent of membership that would normally play the saturday comps and some that don't; however, given the absence of golf the committee have decided everyone should be afforded the opportunity of Saturday golf on the next 2 weeks so they decide.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely your club should have stopped taking bookings during lockdown closure period...

They need to cancel all them bookings, and come up with a plan to go forward upon reopening, those current bookings surely can't stand...??
When people found out the date in England this is what happened at ours.
The club cancelled all bookings and put out instructions with the main announcement.
Mine has handled it really well.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ours go live on Sunday evening 8pm for the following Sunday to Saturday
Only 1 slot to be booked
From Tuesday at 00.01am another slot can be booked
From Thursday at 00.01am another slot can be booked
After the Sunday you can fill your boots with whatever's left but only 1 slot per day.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our booking system only goes to 29 May at present. When we reopened last Monday it was stated that you could only have 3 tee times booked although this seems to have been relaxed now.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Limited to three bookings in a calendar week (Mon-Sun) of which only two can be in peak hours of 7:30am-2:30pm. For any day additional bookings in empty slots can be made on the day from 6am. I believe that evening 9 hole (actually as many holes as you can get in) slots also count as one of your weekly three, but I'm getting confirmation of that.

Anyone who is found to have booked more than three tee times 'by mistake' will be contacted...

The 'booking' week rolls forward a day at 8pm every evening - opening up the booking sheet for that day the following week. And so this evening from 8pm I can book a Friday 29th May tee time. Additional evening times become available as evenings stay light longer - reviewed weekly.

No visitors or members guests. That will be reviewed one month after we re-opened.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3432

Hope so dear boy, no date yet so just hope things are looked at before we do have a date.

bit of a shock to the system as i hardly ever book times always play in the roll up or with mates that book the times, and the comps are mostly drawn anyway

If clubs in England can sort it out so can Scottish clubs. As you say you don't have an actual start date, and from my experience clubs acted quickly down south once the start date was 'live'.

Just depends how far ahead your club want to run the booking system, we are 2 days at present as apposed to the normal 2 weeks but other clubs obviously doing things differently.

We have a smaller membership at 520ish but there is no problem getting a game since there are no visitors at present whereas normally there are a high number midweek. Obviously this will change going forward but I think this can be managed and the booking system tweaked back to normal.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Members only at the moment still
Book 7 days in advance only
1 person can only book/play once per day

The only difference to normal is the members only bit. We do not have a large membership, around 330, so that helps us right now.