Tee box distance markers

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Handicap adjustments may only be made in competitions organised by an authorised body (eg club, county etc).
They may only run a qualifying competition where handicaps are adjusted up and down, unless the situation arises where the competition automatically becomes 'reduction only'(RO). They cannot specify this in advance nor can they make it RO after the event. The scores determine this.

yes I understood that, however I was asking (sorry if its not been clear) if it is then pointed out as an illegal comp due to tee box placement does that mean any handicap reductions/increases etc are now null and void?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
yes I understood that, however I was asking (sorry if its not been clear) if it is then pointed out as an illegal comp due to tee box placement does that mean any handicap reductions/increases etc are now null and void?

the Area Golf Union would have to rule on any such situation, and it could mean that any handicaps issued by the club are declared invalid completely........

the most likely outcome would be a 'don't do it again' unless it clearly created a situation that distorted the administration of the handicapping system.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
the Area Golf Union would have to rule on any such situation, and it could mean that any handicaps issued by the club are declared invalid completely........

the most likely outcome would be a 'don't do it again' unless it clearly created a situation that distorted the administration of the handicapping system.
thanks Duncan, clearly there's not a definitive answer which explains rulefans avoidance.

So even though technically it would be a non qualifier it wouldnt appear to make any difference to the comp, a pointless rule.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
thanks Duncan, clearly there's not a definitive answer which explains rulefans avoidance.

So even though technically it would be a non qualifier it wouldnt appear to make any difference to the comp, a pointless rule.
The problem for CONGU of course, is that they are only responsible the handicapping elements of competitions.
They have no control over a club's decisions about running competitions, awarding prizes or any other aspect of a clubs business.