Team Golf

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi All

Long time since i last posted

This Friday, i am playing with a couple of my cousins in a charity competition at a decent local course.

I've read the memo they received regarding the event, its 4man teams with best 2 scores counting on each hole.

I have never played in one of these before, and was wondering what happens in terms of the general play

Do you go round in a 4 ball with just your team mates?

Thanks in advance

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well our team scored 88 points (scored 37 pts personally), which when handing in the card were told the current leaders are on 94....conditions were windy but the course was in great nick. I had to leave before the prize givings to attend a family birthday

Just caught up with the lads from my team tonight and the winning team scored 105, 11 points clear of 2nd! with two of their team getting 1st and 3rd in the individual scores with 46 and 42. The lad with 46 points collected 1 of the 2 longest drive prizes and the two members of the team who didn't collect individual points prizes had 2 of the 4 nearest the pin prizes.

There were 21 teams of 4, and this group collected 6 of the 9 prizes on the day ... apparently there were a few murmurings in the room

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well our team scored 88 points (scored 37 pts personally), which when handing in the card were told the current leaders are on 94....conditions were windy but the course was in great nick. I had to leave before the prize givings to attend a family birthday

Just caught up with the lads from my team tonight and the winning team scored 105, 11 points clear of 2nd! with two of their team getting 1st and 3rd in the individual scores with 46 and 42. The lad with 46 points collected 1 of the 2 longest drive prizes and the two members of the team who didn't collect individual points prizes had 2 of the 4 nearest the pin prizes.

There were 21 teams of 4, and this group collected 6 of the 9 prizes on the day ... apparently there were a few murmurings in the room

I once heard of some notorious North Wales team who put in a 108 in the same format. They were going around their area hoovering up opens, and I can only presume that they were cheats.

If my maths is correct, it means all 4 of them more going around in an equivalent of 8 under handicap (each) and dovetailing perfectly.......

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

Mmm what are the chances? :D

HDID Kenny

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Played in a same format couple of years ago with similar scoring. The room to a man roundly booed the team when they went forward to collect their prizes.
To avoid this it is better to have the 4 split into 2 teams of 2 out with a different pair then each pair is better ball with both teams scores added at the end to give a total.