Taylormade Stealth Driver

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was quiet at my local range the other night and was chatting to the young pro who gave me the new rogue, rogue LS and a Stealth to hit. The Stealth also had the orange tour ad shaft in it (same one I have in my Ping g425) and a tensie white x flex 65g in the 2 callaways. Was itching for massive gains, but... Ping Was the best in terms of ball speed and dispersion. Callaways went a little higher and the TM sounded the best. Looks like will be sticking with the Ping. Just need some earplugs when I use it ???

D

Deleted member 1147

Just received the details of my TM fitting last week:

TM Stealth Pus in 9*
Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0 shortened by qtr of an inch.

So the Q is, do I get this or the Titleist :unsure:

gopher99

Visit site
Just received the details of my TM fitting last week:

TM Stealth Pus in 9*
Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0 shortened by qtr of an inch.

So the Q is, do I get this or the Titleist :unsure:

Almost the same spec as mine, except 10.5 and 70g riptide shaft.

D

Deleted member 1147

Which one did you hit better, or like the look/feel of better?
The numbers were similar if I recall properly
price is about the same
The TM did look very nice
Titleist not so nice, but I've had decent success with Titleist drivers before, with my current club being a 917.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The numbers were similar if I recall properly
price is about the same
The TM did look very nice
Titleist not so nice, but I've had decent success with Titleist drivers before, with my current club being a 917.

One benefit of the Titleist is, like Callaway, adjustment of loft and lie is separate. TM and others adjust face angle along with loft, so adding loft usually shuts the face.

gopher99

Visit site
One benefit of the Titleist is, like Callaway, adjustment of loft and lie is separate. TM and others adjust face angle along with loft, so adding loft usually shuts the face.

Thats why I went for the 10.5, I have decreased the loft to 9.75 which has opened the face slightly. I don’t mind that as I naturally draw the ball and it helps me fade one when I need it.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Changing the loft on a callaway also opens and closes the clubface.
If I've read that right?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I understand the loft and lie are separate. However, if you add loft it will still close the face and vice versa.

I don't agree. The Cally and Titleist have two cogs, so the changes in loft and lie are separate and don't overlap. Most other makes have a one cog system where loft changes lie.