Low spin driver shaft

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Looking for some advice. I’ve got a stealth 2 driver with the Ventus red, regular 60g shaft.

It all good but I hit it quite high and worry about losing distance.

I’ve seen a Kuro Kage shaft thats meant to be low spin, low launch

Is this likely to make a big difference?

I know some one here will have much more Experian shaft so any advice appreciated

Albo

Visit site
Without data it will be difficult for anyone to give any useful answer to this.
Why is hight a problem with your driver? How high peak hight wise does it go?
What are your average spin numbers?
Launch angle?
Carry distance, roll out?
Etc

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Without knowing what spin you have with current shaft and the club head speed it's hard to say. You might be already in optimal numbers and if you loose spin you will loose distance. Ball will be peaking and dropping dead

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think that the shaft had a much bigger effect than loft. If the shaft is imparting lots of backspin you'll get a high launch even off low loft.
This would defy some fundamental physics but we can all believe whatever works for us.

🙃

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
What are the expectations for a tee shot with driver among my UK friends?

If the the ball rises up off the ground,
flies a reasonable distance,
and lands someplace where I can find it and hit it again,
that to me may be categorized as a smashing success.

I have to see wide open spaces, however, before the headcover comes off my driver.
Any doubt, and I'll take the ugly line drive down the middle with my driving iron.

Low Spin. High spin. Low launch. High launch.
Please guys; if you find your ball, you've won!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Quickest and cheapest thing to try is lowering the loft - has far more effect on height and spin than changing a shaft
I agree but if the launch is a little too low or high that’s due to the swing or if your perfect the shaft .. but back spin is your friend

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
This would defy some fundamental physics but we can all believe whatever works for us.

🙃
I speak from experience. As I said in another thread I had a 40g Miyazaki shaft & the launch angle was unbelievably high. I switched to a Matrix Black Tie, noted for being low launch, & the difference was dramatic. Same head, same loft & a huge difference in launch angle. I believe my own eyes, perhaps there are some laws of physics you don't understand

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’m a fan of Mitsubishi Tensui shafts. The white AV Raw is low spin. In fact all of the Mitsubishi shafts with the white in the name are low spin.

Others, the Hzrdus Smoke Black is readily available. More premium are Graphite Design AD BB, the Tensei 1k which are both popular.

Be careful as low spin shafts can also be low launching and need a faster swing speed to get the best out of them.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I speak from experience. As I said in another thread I had a 40g Miyazaki shaft & the launch angle was unbelievably high. I switched to a Matrix Black Tie, noted for being low launch, & the difference was dramatic. Same head, same loft & a huge difference in launch angle. I believe my own eyes, perhaps there are some laws of physics you don't understand
Having own believes based on personal experiences is ok, extrapolating it into a rule is a bit problematic. A data sample of one, with a multitude of uncontrolled variables can hardly be useful to anyone but the person whose experience it was.

The loft has a direct impact on the launch angle, more than any other characteristic of the club.

4LEX

Visit site
Kuro Kage aren't that low spin. Which one are you looking at?

My advice for low spin as an all rounder would be the Aldila RIP Red Eye. Amazing shaft.

If you want a real low spinning bomber get the Project X Hzrdus Black but it is a bit of a beast.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

🙃

Isn't it all about dynamic loft anyways? Doesn't matter if your driver is 9, 10 , 11 , 15 degree .. if you deliver the face to it at 12 degree that's what will be presented no?