Taylormade Stealth Driver

gopher99

Visit site
My short lived experiment with a PXG driver is well over, and I got fitted for a 10.5 Stealth Plus driver in a 70g Riptide stiff shaft. I ordered it in a 45.5 inch shaft, i got it checked today by a club fitter as I felt something wasn’t right with it. When he checked it, the length was just over 46inches and the swing weight was D6 instead of D4. I guess quality control isn’t what it used to be.?

D

Deleted member 3432

My short lived experiment with a PXG driver is well over, and I got fitted for a 10.5 Stealth Plus driver in a 70g Riptide stiff shaft. I ordered it in a 45.5 inch shaft, i got it checked today by a club fitter as I felt something wasn’t right with it. When he checked it, the length was just over 46inches and the swing weight was D6 instead of D4. I guess quality control isn’t what it used to be.?

Send it back.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

What was the problem with the PXG ?

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site

What's your HC might i ask?

gopher99

Visit site
Problem was me with the PXG, I just never felt comfortable with it. My handicap is 5.7, the club fitter added swing weight to the driver and cut it down by half an inch. I went to the range with it this afternoon and it felt a different club.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

And the thread title is for ...............?

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting i'd have never felt the difference!

Surely the original fitter should have noticed before you collected. Either way, not good service!

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mark Crossfield latest review seems to confirm Taylormade does have something good in this one, and that it looks to be on a par with the Dunlop XXIO.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Titleist is rumoured to have tightest tolerances and even with them had an experience of the head being lighter and delivering a different swing weight (to the fitted combo at their St Ives centre).

When questioned, they offered to send it back and have hot glue added to make up the difference.

Rick Shiels had a good clip recently talking about fittings nullified by poor tolerances.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
How are people finding theirs? The closed face is a struggle for me.

I'm really enjoying mine so far, it does seem to have a lower trajectory than my SIM2 did but I'm happy with that. The last 2 drives I've hit on our only par 5 have been very encouraging I'm carrying it past where I normally do. I'm looking forward to seeing where they end up in summer it will only be a drive & a 7 or 8 iron judging from where it's carrying to in winter.

Mine doesn't have a closed face though it sits perfectly square. The Callaway driver I've had a look at on the other hand a closed face & it's definitely more draw biased than the Stealth is.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hate a closed face, but mine doesn't sit with one. It launches quite high, and is said to be reasonably spinny, but it is also straight. I can even get a bit of a fade out of it, which I like. Can't say I have noticed it (based on range numbers) to be shorter or longer than other comparable drivers. I got one with the HZRDUS Red, not the usual Ventus Red.

The head looks good, not a massive frying pan like some (Yes, I am talking about you, Rogue and TSi2).

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
This shows that somewhere like Orka are worth going to when it comes to custom fit, or a fitter that then builds the clubs to spec rather than relying on the manufacturer. "custom built, not just custom fit".

I bought my last set of irons from Scottsdales in Warrington. I watched them check the clubs over and over to check the specs were correct.