TaylorMade RAC OS Irons

JackieD

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice on these irons. I have a chance to get a set of these 4-SW with Ultralite Graphite shafts reg flex, at a pretty decent price I think. Have people used these in the past or are you still using them now? What are they like as an intermediate club?

Cheers.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember asking the same question about 4 years ago when I was looking for my first set. I was told at the time that they were some of the most forgiving irons available, so I don't think you'll go wrong.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
played the RAC LT for many years, with the 85g graphite S shafts.

solid mid style club. the OS is a little more forgiving in it's design and should make an excellent set for most golfers - main target probably the cat 3 improver.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Me and a bunch of friends pass a set of these around if we have a pal who needs a set of irons and is visiting locally. I had a game with them some time back when I was having my irons reshafted. They are fine, no frills game improvement clubs. You cant really go wrong. @£50 they are not a steal as thats about what they are worth.

What are you using at the moment?

JackieD

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for teh replies. The description is a s foollows;
"For sale. set of Taylormade RAC OS irons fitted with Taylormade Ultralite graphite shafts in regular flex. 8 irons in total, 4-sw.
Clubs are well used and in average condition, plenty of life left in them. The grips are white Sharpo fitted about 18 months ago and not used for 12 months"

So hopefully grips won't be an issue, currently playing wilson fatshafts form 10+ years ago!

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for teh replies. The description is a s foollows;
"For sale. set of Taylormade RAC OS irons fitted with Taylormade Ultralite graphite shafts in regular flex. 8 irons in total, 4-sw.
Clubs are well used and in average condition, plenty of life left in them. The grips are white Sharpo fitted about 18 months ago and not used for 12 months"

So hopefully grips won't be an issue, currently playing wilson fatshafts form 10+ years ago!

Do you want graphite shafted irons? Think I would stick with the Wilson`s