taylormade markings.....

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A pal has just brought a set of taylormade to mc irons and they have come with some weird markings.

The set is 4-PW and as you'd expect the 7i is marked with the serial number, but there is additional markings.

4, 5, 6, 9 & PW are stamped c6, while the 8 is marked with d6, the 7 is marked with serial number only.

My gut reaction is these are a custom order set, but their only fitted with s300, if they were special enough to be custom stamped I would have expected something exotic shaft wise.

Any ideas

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
swingweight maybe?

just had a google and deffo swingweight

c6 appears standard ish according to some, d tend to be slightly longer, might be a mish mash set?

Last edited:

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A pal has just brought a set of taylormade to mc irons and they have come with some weird markings.

The set is 4-PW and as you'd expect the 7i is marked with the serial number, but there is additional markings.

4, 5, 6, 9 & PW are stamped c6, while the 8 is marked with d6, the 7 is marked with serial number only.

My gut reaction is these are a custom order set, but their only fitted with s300, if they were special enough to be custom stamped I would have expected something exotic shaft wise.

Any ideas

I'm not sure what they actually mean but you're right they must be a custom fit set. My fitted R11s dont have exotic shafts but have the same markings.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sometimes you can get imported US liquified or bankrupt stock which gets stamped up. Still new but reclaimed from stockist as he's not
Paid his bill.