taylormade M1 driver.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Made the mistake of trying one of these in the American Golf Tour Truck at Woburn yesterday

Damn that club feels good

For such a light club it feels so solid, great sound too

Real dilemma now, how could I justify 2 new drivers in a year :whistle:

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I actually got rid my my driver. It's a pretty big expense to only be used a few times in a round. Other clubs are much more important (to some) Only thing keeping the driver market going is that it's a big boys stick and those who use it well are put on a plinth at local clubs and online lol.

That's why they cost so much. I'm going back to hitting older drivers, because I've had about 6 since May and I didn't notice any difference between them at all. Each to their own of course with that one.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I actually got rid my my driver. It's a pretty big expense to only be used a few times in a round. Other clubs are much more important (to some) Only thing keeping the driver market going is that it's a big boys stick and those who use it well are put on a plinth at local clubs and online lol.

That's why they cost so much. I'm going back to hitting older drivers, because I've had about 6 since May and I didn't notice any difference between them at all. Each to their own of course with that one.

Sometime Paul you play courses where you need to use the driver a fair bit. played a place yesterday off the back tee's and at 7000 yards, needed the driver on all but a couple of the par 3's ( yep even used it on 2 of the others:( )

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sometime Paul you play courses where you need to use the driver a fair bit. played a place yesterday off the back tee's and at 7000 yards, needed the driver on all but a couple of the par 3's ( yep even used it on 2 of the others:( )

I don't doubt it. I will be picking one up again. A G15 in stiff if I can get one. I loved that driver. Was silly to get rid of it.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Made the mistake of trying one of these in the American Golf Tour Truck at Woburn yesterday

Damn that club feels good

For such a light club it feels so solid, great sound too

Real dilemma now, how could I justify 2 new drivers in a year :whistle:

Big sound I thought! Very different to the other drivers I tested. Very solid feel, almost hard off the face! I did not notice the lightness though but I had a heavyish shaft in it.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems like tm have done another great job on making people think they NEED this driver. Its a great driver, looks good, feels good and sounds great. But having spent 3 hours yesterday and 2 today looking at how it compares to other manufacturers i can tell you it isn't all that.

I would also like to say that i have ordered one as i get mine at trade so I'm not knocking this driver at all. I'm just saying it does perform well but nowhere near as much as you're led to believe.

Btw The new callaway gbb based on my figures was almost identical to the m1. Can't get that at trade though

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Seems like tm have done another great job on making people think they NEED this driver. Its a great driver, look good, feels good and sounds great. But having spent 3 hours yesterday and 2 today looking at how it compares to other manufacturers i can tell you it isn't all that.

I would also like to say that i have ordered one as i get mine at trade so I'm not knocking this driver at all. I'm just saying it does perform well but nowhere near as much as you're led to believe

It will always depend on who is using the club

It may not perform that well for you but may perform very well for others.

As with every driver there is no definites.

Have played with a Pro who switched from a G30 and said the improvement was superb for him

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems like tm have done another great job on making people think they NEED this driver. Its a great driver, looks good, feels good and sounds great. But having spent 3 hours yesterday and 2 today looking at how it compares to other manufacturers i can tell you it isn't all that.

I would also like to say that i have ordered one as i get mine at trade so I'm not knocking this driver at all. I'm just saying it does perform well but nowhere near as much as you're led to believe.

Btw The new callaway gbb based on my figures was almost identical to the m1. Can't get that at trade though

Another head within tolerance... clearly it was you who was looking for something that's not there.... 5 hours spent looking for how it fits in with the other to tolerance heads. Its just the same thing with a different flavor. If your after a brand new driver its one to consider... if your "upgrading" its maybe a treat rather than anything more than R15.

I think its SUPER ugly though... might paint mine... Ill be gutted if they bring an all black one out.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw the M1 this morning on the shelves at Silvermere. Looked nice - the two tone head didn't bother me. The R15 I tried months ago was the best TM driver I've hit. The drivers before that, IMHO, have been average at best.

Saw a video of the new Mizzie driver. Grey crown :eek:

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
It will always depend on who is using the club

It may not perform that well for you but may perform very well for others.

As with every driver there is no definites.

Have played with a Pro who switched from a G30 and said the improvement was superb for him

All the testing i have seen has been from pro's. What was interesting was the driver that beat them all with the exception of me ( just couldn't hit it) was the new driver from wishon!!! Fancy that!

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
All the testing i have seen has been from pro's. What was interesting was the driver that beat them all with the exception of me ( just couldn't hit it) was the new driver from wishon!!! Fancy that!

No kidding. Links on the Wishon please!

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another head within tolerance... clearly it was you who was looking for something that's not there.... 5 hours spent looking for how it fits in with the other to tolerance heads. Its just the same thing with a different flavor. If your after a brand new driver its one to consider... if your "upgrading" its maybe a treat rather than anything more than R15.

I think its SUPER ugly though... might paint mine... Ill be gutted if they bring an all black one out.

You know that answer already after the saturation of white drivers not so long back, they brought a errrrr black one out after it.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://youtu.be/m1257K9QoT8

Check out this video. i have my lessons with Chris and i can tell you not many hit a driver like him. he gets something like 8 yards more carry with the m1. However his ss is much faster with the m1 too!!! Was he trying to hit it harder for today's golfer??