taylormade M1 driver.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Had a wee chat with my lad last night about TM's new driver. Had he tried it, how did it measure up? Bearing in mind he hits a decent ball, as Farneyman can testify. He drove through the 1st on the PGA National at the Belfry - not wind assisted. That sort of driving is the norm rather than the exception.

His average carry with his own driver is 270yds. He hit the TM, on average, 292yds carry, which basically means he can come down 2 irons with his next shot. "Quality of build, excellent. Cost, painful" are his words.

Tempted but getting that one past the Treasurer might be a stretch.

I did ask about other drivers, more in my price bracket, for which he suggested the G30. But he did say if you can't afford the TM, don't try it. You'll be heart broken giving it back.

D

Deleted member 16999

Had a wee chat with my lad last night about TM's new driver. Had he tried it, how did it measure up? Bearing in mind he hits a decent ball, as Farneyman can testify. He drove through the 1st on the PGA National at the Belfry - not wind assisted. That sort of driving is the norm rather than the exception.

His average carry with his own driver is 270yds. He hit the TM, on average, 292yds carry, which basically means he can come down 2 irons with his next shot. "Quality of build, excellent. Cost, painful" are his words.

Tempted but getting that one past the Treasurer might be a stretch.

I did ask about other drivers, more in my price bracket, for which he suggested the G30. But he did say if you can't afford the TM, don't try it. You'll be heart broken giving it back.
Put it on your Christmas list for Santa and accidentally leave it lying around the house for wife and son to "stumble" across:whistle:

D

Deleted member 15344

I understand the TM cycle has slowed down too.

I don't expect there will be a high end replacement until this time next year - but will expect to see a Burner replacement early next year

2 drivers a year prob ?

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
TM must be confident that it really is that good to be able to charge so much.
Was you secretly hoping the 915 would come out on top?

If I could have walked in and picked two products with my heart it would have been the 915 and Graphite Design AD DI. Did not hit either as far as I know.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Both Peter & Rick had them in their bags on Monday, they look much better in the flesh than when I first saw some pictures of them, I'm definitely considering upgrading from my fitted SLDR to the M1 but i need a good few drives with one first as I held Ricks and it's very light, I'm seriously tempted.