Tacky grip tip

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I thought I needed new grips as they were very smooth but I thought I'd try the old washing up liquid & hot water before I decided to replace them. I'd read on another Forum to use Windex after cleaning the grips. I don't know what Windex is but we had some window cleaning fluid called "Nilglass" so I thought I'd give that a try. After drying the grips I sprayed some Nilglass on & let it dry. The grips are like new & still nice & tacky three weeks later.

Just thought I'd pass this on. I'd imagine any kind of window cleaning spray would work. Saved me about £100

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought I needed new grips as they were very smooth but I thought I'd try the old washing up liquid & hot water before I decided to replace them. I'd read on another Forum to use Windex after cleaning the grips. I don't know what Windex is but we had some window cleaning fluid called "Nilglass" so I thought I'd give that a try. After drying the grips I sprayed some Nilglass on & let it dry. The grips are like new & still nice & tacky three weeks later.

Just thought I'd pass this on. I'd imagine any kind of window cleaning spray would work. Saved me about £100
& a lot of work...... cheers Bill! I re-gripped a couple of months ago & was beginning to feel loss of grip & that maybe I'd bought too cheap a grips. Hoping this trick sorts it. :D :D

sjw

Visit site
& a lot of work...... cheers Bill! I re-gripped a couple of months ago & was beginning to feel loss of grip & that maybe I'd bought too cheap a grips. Hoping this trick sorts it. :D :D
Likewise - I don't think the grip that came on my PXG driver is much cop. I'm going to try glass cleaner and see what happens

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I clean my grips regularly, just with washing up liquid, Luke warm water and a scrubbing/nail brush, works a treat and definitely prolongs the life of them.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I clean my grips regularly, just with washing up liquid, Luke warm water and a scrubbing/nail brush, works a treat and definitely prolongs the life of them.

Same here, but I use dissolved dishwasher tablets rather than washing up liquid. Makes grips lovely and tacky.