Swing vid queries...

RobCowan

Assistant Pro
www.carrobes.co.uk

Philm

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
seems like a seriously short backswing and looks a bit rushed at transition. which would give the feeling of speed or agression without alot of it be transferred to the ball :/

what do you feel yourself about the swing?

Phil

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Rob,

I won't go into anything in detail but the first thing I notice is how short your backswing is.

I got my first lesson from Roy Phimister, the old pro at Nairn Dunbar, and he taught me to get my hands as far above me as I could in the bacswing. Reach for the sky! Your hands barely reach shoulder height. They should be well above your head. Try it with a bit of tuition and notice the difference in length you'll get. And by the way your swing will appear to slow down as a result.

Agree re the short backswing, other possibility- but it's hard to see from the back- is your ball position, put down a club parallel to your feet and a club at right angles to that pointing at the ball when your set up, where is it? It looks to close to the middle of your stance but as I say difficult to see.

RobCowan

Assistant Pro
www.carrobes.co.uk
Thanks guys. My main concern after watching the videos was the way I bring my left shoulder up after impact - wasn't sure if that was right or not as it seems to be a very vertical shift.

Working on the speed issue, but have been down the range this week and played with extending the backswing and it looks to be helping, although Saturday's medal will be the test of that...

@nikonuser:
You mention the position of the ball at address - where should it be in relation to the stance?

Regards,

RobC.