Swing thoughts?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks, I might try slowing things down a little, I might be letting frustration get the better of me & speed up in practice sessions.. I'll give the 2 second pause a go, see if my brain can catch up :LOL:
If I’m working on Tempo ( my biggest problem I get to quick) I put a T on my glove where I can see it at adress!

H for head
TH thumb etc.
It’s just a mental note.

Just don’t put more than one or your glove or looks like a book 😂😉

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Problem I have with this…is that you suggest doing things such as ‘setting the wrists’ - and though that’s part of how the golf swing has (traditionally?) been taught - it sounds complicated…and my belief is there is no need whatsoever for beginners (especially) to be wondering what on earth ‘setting my wrists’ is, or does - and trying to achieve it. Of course I’m not saying it’s not right, it just seems too complicated. And hitting a golf ball reasonably well and consistently is not that difficult, unless we decide to make it so - and it might actually just be that words, not the practice, that makes it seem so.
No need to have a problem, it's not your swing.
And if you read my post again I clearly said ''Don't set the wrists on the backswing'' so not complicated at all.

'Not setting my wrists' is my thought to not overswing which was my main problem when I would get across the line at the top. Real and feel.
Of course, I do set my wrists, I just don't over set them.
And who mentioned beginners?
I was answering the OPs question which wasn't 'what are your swing thoughts', it was ''how do you remember your swing thoughts''? And as he's off 7.5, he's hardly a beginner and probably knows how to set his wrists.

Maybe if you read more carefully what was written down, and not what you think was written, you'd have less of a problem and less of a need to criticise.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
No need to have a problem, it's not your swing.
And if you read my post again I clearly said ''Don't set the wrists on the backswing'' so not complicated at all.

'Not setting my wrists' is my thought to not overswing which was my main problem when I would get across the line at the top. Real and feel.
Of course, I do set my wrists, I just don't over set them.
And who mentioned beginners?
I was answering the OPs question which wasn't 'what are your swing thoughts', it was ''how do you remember your swing thoughts''? And as he's off 7.5, he's hardly a beginner and probably knows how to set his wrists.

Maybe if you read more carefully what was written down, and not what you think was written, you'd have less of a problem and less of a need to criticise.
Not criticising just making a general observation on the subject matter

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've recently changed my set-up to something resembling the Eureka swing, so my only swing thoughts are related to that really. Making sure I've set up correctly, then on the practise swing I have to think about taking it back on the inside rather than picking the club up outside the line. I'm also thinking about not over-swinging on the way back, as I'm trying to get back to the slightly shortened backswing that I've played well with in the past.

But once I get to the top of the backswing there are no more thoughts as it all happens too quickly. You can think about alignment, set-up and takeaway/backswing in my opinion, but after that instinct takes over and I'm just hoping I strike it well. Usually if I've done those three things correctly there's a much better chance that I will.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find that anymore than one for a swing does not work. However, I do have different swing thoughts for the type of shot I am playing.