Swing development over winter

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hows the lessons going Jim ?

Not had a second lesson yet as I'm still getting comfortable with the new grip. It's starting to feel pretty good but I'm still a way from feeling as if it's a normal setup. I think I've hit 250 balls since the change, another 100 and maybe I'll be able to set a date for the next lesson.

How's it going yourself?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not had a second lesson yet as I'm still getting comfortable with the new grip. It's starting to feel pretty good but I'm still a way from feeling as if it's a normal setup. I think I've hit 250 balls since the change, another 100 and maybe I'll be able to set a date for the next lesson.

How's it going yourself?
Haven't had another one yet ,need to get my Trackman practise session sorted out before my next lesson, I've hit about 600 balls since and its getting there , won our sweep last week and this weekend so all good.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh well, I'd better report the bad with the good I suppose...

After feeling like I've settled in really well with the change in grip I went to have my second lesson this evening and it was a complete shambles. I turned up early for a warm-up and it was like I'd not held a club before, I was all over the place. For the first 10 minutes of the lesson we just had to conclude that it was a bad day at the office for me. Now, all credit to Stuart, he turned me around. He had me hitting 4 iron after 4 iron (not my favourite club) and some of the mojo came back. Next goal is to work on getting some weight off my toes to stand closer to the ball and hopefully get rid of so much head movement.

Very pleased with how the lesson ended but it was an absolute stinker to begin with. Trying to take the positives away from it, I'm glad he got to see me at my worst. :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Oh well, I'd better report the bad with the good I suppose...

After feeling like I've settled in really well with the change in grip I went to have my second lesson this evening and it was a complete shambles. I turned up early for a warm-up and it was like I'd not held a club before, I was all over the place. For the first 10 minutes of the lesson we just had to conclude that it was a bad day at the office for me. Now, all credit to Stuart, he turned me around. He had me hitting 4 iron after 4 iron (not my favourite club) and some of the mojo came back. Next goal is to work on getting some weight off my toes to stand closer to the ball and hopefully get rid of so much head movement.

Very pleased with how the lesson ended but it was an absolute stinker to begin with. Trying to take the positives away from it, I'm glad he got to see me at my worst. :)

You get these days. I find if I've had a ropey day in work and go to the range my tempo and swing can be quick sub-consciously and be all over the shop despite being much calmer the night before. At least he got it working for you. Keep working at the drills and the grip and stay patient. It will come