surprise in the post today

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was sent of 3 each of the 2019 Prov1 and Prov1x by Titleist.

I was intending to stay at home today but could not resist nipping down to club and trying them out on the practice green (chipping and putting).

If I get to play tomorrow they shall certainly be given a run out.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I'm gonna take a really wild stab in the dark and say they will be....err.....exactly the same as the previous ones, ye I know, radical but hey, that's how I roll.

Wolf

Visit site
I'm gonna take a really wild stab in the dark and say they will be....err.....exactly the same as the previous ones, ye I know, radical but hey, that's how I roll.
I'd agree with that completely, I'd even hazard a guess and say 95% or more of club golfers won't be able to tell difference but will claim how much better the ball is

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I'd agree with that completely, I'd even hazard a guess and say 95% or more of club golfers won't be able to tell difference but will claim how much better the ball is

Deffo more bite, possibly a couple yards longer off the tee :ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One area I noticed straight away was with the feel off the putter
The last model had a definite difference between the two, these did not. I mean to get a 2017/18 ball to compare against.

D

Deleted member 18588

I'm smelling something....

Hang on!

Wait until you read my review, Yes I also received two sleeves.

Trouble is they are both marked Proto 19 and, as a result, I have no idea which is a Pro v1 and which is a Pro v1x as I have previously always resisted the marketing BS surrounding Titleist balls.

Still I expect they spin like Alistair Campbell and travel like Mo Farah, but then I expect that was also true of their predecessors.

Wolf

Visit site
I'd suggest 95% of club golfers couldn't even tell a Srixon Z Star from a Prov V.
Makes you wonder then doesnt it is the ball type amateurs use really that important as a high percentage are probably using the wrong type of ball for them in a simple bid to play what the pros play

D

Deleted member 18588

I can....it says it on the box🙄
Unless you are a playa & they come in unbranded sleeves...marked ‘proto’👍

Precisely!

Unmarked boxes so I still haven't got a clue.

And as for 95% I would suggest that the figure is nearer 99.999%.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And they said comedy is dead. I thought even for the most obtuse the intimation was in a blind test. In fact I'd go as far as to say you could use all the premium brands and chuck in makes like the Project (a) AD333 Tour and most club golfers on a BLIND test wouldn't tell the difference or guess the make