Supplementary Scores

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I said “It seems...” from what is being said here. But as I posted, my home club has markers with insufficient ground to play 2 club lengths behind in an attempt to extend the length of the course. The county accept the measured length.
Are you sure they didn't make an adjustment? It wouldn't show on the Measurement Certificate, only on the Team Leader's notes.

Leftie5.6

Visit site
Are you sure they didn't make an adjustment? It wouldn't show on the Measurement Certificate, only on the Team Leader's notes.
The discs have the distance on, as per the cards and those are the same distances entered when registering the club into WHS.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The discs have the distance on, as per the cards and those are the same distances entered when registering the club into WHS.
Your club manager/secretary would have done that in the WHS portal. Neither the county rating team nor England Golf would be involved.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Negative on IG front it just goes straight to handicap with zero checking

I accidently did a score Monday and got it removed because it clicked it and thn I had to enter a score so I just pressed NR and left but gave me 76 for the day lol

Got cut

He removed it with the reply

Hi Paul,

As requested I have deleted the score on 29th March.

I see you also have a scorecard added 30th March. As per my previous e-mail (due to COVID restrictions still in place) we are not accepting general play scorecards until Monday 12th April.

I will advise shortly if we need to remove this scorecard as well.

"Social Scores

From Monday 12th April (when the leisure facilities reopen) if you so wish, you will be able to enter Social Scorecards into Intelligent Golf via the touchscreen in reception or via the Intelligent Golf App (More detail to follow in coming days)."

That was reference an email sent out the Thursday before which we still haven't been enlightened to the process

Tbh the blokes useless.

Tell him he is and offer your services then. It is wrong for you to criticize someone for doing a job voluntarily. No one gets paid for doing these tasks.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tell him he is and offer your services then. It is wrong for you to criticize someone for doing a job voluntarily. No one gets paid for doing these tasks.

Is it? He gets discounted membership as do the Marshall's to do it so he is hardly "hard done by" half price membership

8th April and still no update as to how to do general play scores when we would find out "in the coming days" on the 17th march

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it? He gets discounted membership as do the Marshall's to do it so he is hardly "hard done by" half price membership

8th April and still no update as to how to do general play scores when we would find out "in the coming days" on the 17th march
Lucky lad, most of us get nothing as far as I’m aware. The answer to speed these things up is in the hands of the members. The members should be explaining the issues with the main committee and if that doesn’t work you must go to county instead of the forum where we can do nothing.

Like a few in here, dealing with the introduction of the WHS and the work load it has caused have you considered the guy might have been overwhelmed with the task, it has and still is mega time consuming. I’m getting calls at home all the time trying to answer members questions.

I think your man may be having issues understanding how to deal with it all and unfortunately some of the problems may be buried in the two difficult pile especially if he is getting no support from members, owners and county.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lucky lad, most of us get nothing as far as I’m aware. The answer to speed these things up is in the hands of the members. The members should be explaining the issues with the main committee and if that doesn’t work you must go to county instead of the forum where we can do nothing.

Like a few in here, dealing with the introduction of the WHS and the work load it has caused have you considered the guy might have been overwhelmed with the task, it has and still is mega time consuming. I’m getting calls at home all the time trying to answer members questions.

I think your man may be having issues understanding how to deal with it all and unfortunately some of the problems may be buried in the two difficult pile especially if he is getting no support from members, owners and county.

Thing is with our guy it's more a case of he is refusing to understand and saying it's wrong rather than taking the time to understand

I've emailed him today. Said basically that it's almost 12th April now when your allowing cards (even though you can now) so is the process that you said we would hear "in the coming days" on 17th march going to be shared with the members now?

I am a bit grumpy today lol

But I'm fed up of waiting for him to pull his finger out

It's our first comp back after this lockdown on Tuesday (13th)

Either your on top of things or your not

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thing is with our guy it's more a case of he is refusing to understand and saying it's wrong rather than taking the time to understand

I've emailed him today. Said basically that it's almost 12th April now when your allowing cards (even though you can now) so is the process that you said we would hear "in the coming days" on 17th march going to be shared with the members now?

I am a bit grumpy today lol

But I'm fed up of waiting for him to pull his finger out

It's our first comp back after this lockdown on Tuesday (13th)

Either your on top of things or your not

I doubt if there is a HC Sec who is truly on top of everything at the moment which is why the forum in the main is useful.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I doubt if there is a HC Sec who is truly on top of everything at the moment which is why the forum in the main is useful.

Whilst I agree I wish he wouldn't say we going to find something out in coming days and then nothing

Just say find out when I do

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm glad I don't have to deal with all this. It's VERY complicated.

Also, where on thte EG app is there the facility to enter scores for a round, or on the HOWDIDY one?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm glad I don't have to deal with all this. It's VERY complicated.

Also, where on thte EG app is there the facility to enter scores for a round, or on the HOWDIDY one?

It's in beta testing ATM.

It will be released in the coming months

Its very good when it works

IG has the general play scores.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Screenshot_20210409-144531_Outlook.jpg

A few emails back and fourth privately before this . Put the idea to him about emails so glad to see he went with it.

Won't push too much for scores from other courses as it's been hard enough to get scores from my own course it seems!

Still unclear why we have to wait until Monday

wjemather

Visit site
View attachment 36085

A few emails back and fourth privately before this . Put the idea to him about emails so glad to see he went with it.

Won't push too much for scores from other courses as it's been hard enough to get scores from my own course it seems!

This doesn't adhere to England Golf's "Framework for Playing Golf", which states "a method of scoring needs to be used that does not require any exchanging of scorecards."

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is also no mention of those who arnt able to use electronic/app input.

Its a start but has some holes.

Very much a start , is alienating people who can't use the app however I think our club is very new so doesn't have a dynamic that doesn't use app

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
View attachment 36085

I do not know why you have to email a photo to reception the IG app has the facility to include a photo of the card.