Supplementary Scores

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn’t realize the IG app had a GPS geolocation devise.

Where I play I thought with have to be within Wi Fi range of the office for two way communication when registering intent to enter a card. It could well be that I misunderstood and that it is geolocational.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where I play I thought with have to be within Wi Fi range of the office for two way communication when registering intent to enter a card. It could well be that I misunderstood and that it is geolocational.

Id be very surprised if it is unless it was recently upgraded. People may be getting confused because the new EG app will be (is on android) but then again I could be wrong.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Correct procedure being that you let the handicap secretary know prior to the round, then giving them a copy of the scorecard once the round is finished?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I have Android and there currently isn't any functionality to add scores on the MyEG app I have. Latest version according to my Google Play.

wjemather

Visit site
I have android and the enter score option is on it although I am yet to try it out.
The beta MyEG App registers intents which go through to WHS, submitted scores successfully go through attestation by your marker (who also has to have the beta), but they don't go any further as yet - which is not surprising as it is only in beta at the moment and does say that scores submitted are not valid for handicapping.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The beta MyEG App registers intents which go through to WHS, submitted scores successfully go through attestation by your marker (who also has to have the beta), but they don't go any further as yet - which is not surprising as it is only in beta at the moment and does say that scores submitted are not valid for handicapping.

Thanks, was going to try it tomorrow but will stick to HDID as I’m at home club.

Tinkerman

Visit site
Nothing from my club about a new process for General Play cards. We have comps every weekend in various formats but only the Medal this month has been noted as a qualifier. What usually ends up happening is certain people clean up in those comps as they've played poorly in that one qualifier comp per month. The club (volunteer run) struggled with the switch to WHS and they do tend to be a bit stuck in their ways, so can't see anything changing.
Will we be able to eventually create a scorecard in MyEG and submit it for HC purposes without having to notify the HC sec beforehand (we have to email or SMS him atm)? I think the more barriers that can be removed to allow more cards to be submitted is a good thing.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nothing from my club about a new process for General Play cards. We have comps every weekend in various formats but only the Medal this month has been noted as a qualifier. What usually ends up happening is certain people clean up in those comps as they've played poorly in that one qualifier comp per month. The club (volunteer run) struggled with the switch to WHS and they do tend to be a bit stuck in their ways, so can't see anything changing.
Will we be able to eventually create a scorecard in MyEG and submit it for HC purposes without having to notify the HC sec beforehand (we have to email or SMS him atm)? I think the more barriers that can be removed to allow more cards to be submitted is a good thing.

For casual rounds you MUST register your intention to play before hand.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So golf England app looks like it's updated. It looks like you can do scores via it and them count now? Not sure. It updated 8th April and says enter cards

Not sure if count for handicap

Me and my mate going to do one Thursday in our society to test it

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
So golf England app looks like it's updated. It looks like you can do scores via it and them count now? Not sure. It updated 8th April and says enter cards

Not sure if count for handicap

Me and my mate going to do one Thursday in our society to test it

make sure you both have the app....when you complete your round and submit it for verification it will notify your marker via the EG app.

I did this last week but my marker had the Apple version....when he came to verify my score he couldn't...i believe this was because apple didn't have the "enter score" functionality at that time....I did one the following day for our H'cap Secretary and that worked fine (both android)...need to check back with my mate to see if he can now verify my score now that Apple has the "enter score" functionality.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
make sure you both have the app....when you complete your round and submit it for verification it will notify your marker via the EG app.

I did this last week but my marker had the Apple version....when he came to verify my score he couldn't...i believe this was because apple didn't have the "enter score" functionality at that time....I did one the following day for our H'cap Secretary and that worked fine (both android)...need to check back with my mate to seef he can now verify my score now that Apple has the "enter score" functionality.

Thanks for the tip
We all have Android in the group

I'll tell them