Sunningdale Old and New 23rd and 24th July 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Once again thanks to Glyn and Cam for the sterling effort organising the rabble.

Enjoyable three days, thanks to Craig, James and Roger for their company around the Addington. I'm going with Quirky definitely a course you need to play once before you've got a cue.
Thanks to Richard, Lee, Dave and Bernie for their company at Sunningdale, still the old for me as my favourite although the new is growing on me.

The last round was one too far, lost my swing after the 10th, and struggled to get the ball in play. Also thanks to Richard who was like a blood hound whenever my ball was in the heather :p

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Many thanks to Glyn and Cam for two days of golfing heaven from every single point of view other than my golf! Thanks to all my partners for their company as well as lots of looking around in the heather. As is typical of this game Ive just taken the kids to the range this morning and hit some of the best shots Ive ever hit having not been able to find many at all in 36 holes.

Put me down for 2 years time please.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Finally @Swingalot and @PhilTheFragger i didn’t catch you during the meet, but @Liverbirdie and his pals were kind enough to handover your winnings. So message me and I’ll send you the £10.

We were sat next to each other outside the pub in Camberley mate :)

Stick the £10 in the H4H bucket, no dramas.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Glyn and Cam, superb boys, thank you.

Sunningdale - the best course's I have ever played, I loved them both. I played poor for 2 days, but the company, weather and courses more than made up for that.

Little story, but it sums up the work that goes on behind the scenes, we were out last yesterday and were putting out at way past 8pm when Glyn appeared on the green and offered to grab us some food and order us a drink as the clubhouse was shutting. I had to shoot off anyway, but little gestures like that are pure class. (y)

2 years time, 100% IN !

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
First up, thank you very much Glyn for organising this trip, very much appreciated.

Got home around 1 ish this morning and barring the total nuggets on the M25, including the dick in the Tesla who tried to remove my wing mirror, moving less than 5mph, the plank not looking drove toward my side, fortunately, I saw him and swerved left so he only hit my mirror and no damage done. Mind you he did get a stern talking too, he looked confused, maybe it was the Geordie, maybe it was the string of expletives he got, I think I used all of them.

Thank you to my playing partners over the three days, even though I play with them every weekend, but it was good to play with Mark, Nick and Phil, going to take a while to remove the 3 ply tissue image from my mind and no, if any one asks I am not repeating it.

I'm fairly sure the Addington was designed by Disney, a little too quirky for my liking, some nice holes, but to many blind holes for me.

Sunningdale, absolutely fantastic, brilliant, marvellous, superb, can't decide which course I preferred, but I think the new just shades it for me, both were glorious, but the new just suits my eye a little more than the old.

Great 3 days golf, great food, great weather, great company both on and off the course.

Gan canny

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fantastic few days. Thanks to Glyn for all his help and patience and everyone who mucked in on the day to make it run so smoothly (and not a flying scorecard in sight). Great to meet Dave (2Blue), his partner Jim and the forum legend that is Bernix from Austria. I have to be honest, the greens at the Addington were as pure and quick as I've seen in a long time but like a few others I just found the whole layout a little quirky and because of that wonder how it gets a place in the top 100. Definitely an acquired taste and a place you need to play a few times. That said it was nice to tick it off the list. Didn't play great but enjoyed the day.

What can I say about the last two days at Sunningdale. We were looked after great as always and I had the please of Imurg CVG and Fragger. Great to see Pat as our starter and what great condition the course was in. I played ok to start with on the Old course and then fell away. I struggled all day on the New and I always find it a brutally tough course to play so my meagre score yesterday was no surprise.

Great to meet so many old faces and some new ones and I have really enjoyed it. Looking forward to H4H and Hankley and the finding out where the road trips will take us in 2020

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Great to meet so many old faces and some new ones and I have really enjoyed it. Looking forward to H4H and Hankley and the finding out where the road trips will take us in 2020
To be fair most of the faces are old, bordering on ancient. Only young one I can remember was that pesky kid Lilyhawk. Perhaps a minimum age next time ?;)

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
made it home by 2 PM today. Really enjoyed the three days with you lads! The Addington was really nice golf course with Maybe the best greens I ever putted on.Unfortunately the fairways where a little “patchy” And there were a couple of holes where I didn’t know where to hit the ball. As to Sunningdale I can only confirm what all what you said: simply stunning.
I really can’t tell whether the old or the new course is better I only regret that I couldn’t score better on the New with most of the tees foreward but I was really knackered after two days of golf and they have no power trolley to hire

Thanks to all my playing partner’s and a special thanks to Glyn and Captain Ron for all the work they put into this meeting

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Back home. Firstly want to give a public thanks (again) to @Captainron for being my personal chauffeur and hotelier, and depositing me at my car in Leuchars station today. Service above and beyond.

@Lincoln Quaker gets no second thanks because I've caught some sort of golfing idiot syndrome off him. ;)

Without doubt this has been the best trip to date for me, the company and operation have been excellent beginning to end. But I've got to admit to the worst golf I've ever played. Some golfers get yips with certain aspects of the game. Maybe they develop a few small faults. But I think I've found myself in some sort of full-spectrum golf yips where I cannot hit a ball with any club of any sort. The most shanks, the most slices, the most degreens, the most 3 putts, the most heal shots, the most toe shots, the least clean strikes, the most duffed chips, the closest anyone came to snapping their driver... It all had to have been me. The most God-awful golfer there ever has been was on display by me out there. I was destroyed.

It was all worth it and I enjoyed every second. (y) Even though I may not have sounded like it at times, I would do it all again. But I really need help first :)

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks so much to Glyn and his army of helpers, can’t thank you all enough, really. Not often that hillbillies like me are permitted on courses as nice as that and I’ll never forget it 😉

Great company once again; learnt some ‘interesting’ Swedish, watched some superlative ball striking and had LiverBirdie’s company for a couple of rounds. Thanks one and alll 🍻

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Glynn, Cam, you’re both awesome. Thanks for all the hard work you put in to make this trip. I honestly think Sunningdale is the best place to play golf in the UK. Loved every second. I’m also with the few who also liked the Addington. Quite the test on those greens, and for sure would fancy a score round there once I’d played it a couple of times.

Great to see everyone again.......trips like this are what the forum is all about !