Sun Day Red

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I guess it also depends on his plans & aspirations for the brand. If its just for him and the public 'TW' would work just fine

If on the other hand he/TM believe they can sign other tour pros to wear the apparel in the months/years ahead, then using the 'TW' logo doesn't really work (particularly while he still considers himself a Tour player)
Maybe, but the current world number 1 wore a lot of Nike TW stuff, as did Fleetwood and a few others.

D

Deleted member 15344

I read before all this was released that Tiger owned they TW logo himself. But I guess he just wanted a clean break from the Nike TW stuff. Still, a swing and a miss, destined to be forever on sale along with the Greg Norman and Ben Hogan stuff.

It’s not even been released yet and you have deemed it a miss 🤷‍♂️

Woods isn’t stupid and neither is his marketing team - he is the biggest name in the sport and right now it’s the biggest talking point

Who else has release and brand like this and got the whole of golf talking

It could be a genius move

How about waiting to see actually what happens when it hits the shelves - there is every chance that the stuff could fly of the shelf , it’s a good chance that it’s going to be good quality and there will be plenty of items to pick from

What it

evemccc

Visit site
The S D R randomly dotted around it looks clunky as well. I just cannot get over how bad the whole thing is. Was there not one person in the design meetings who wasn't a nodding yes man and could have actually said "hang on guys.. this is rubbish"?

To be able to get in to such meetings in the first place, you’d likely have to be a ‘yes man’ - so why change what’s ‘working’ for you?!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s not even been released yet and you have deemed it a miss 🤷‍♂️

Woods isn’t stupid and neither is his marketing team - he is the biggest name in the sport and right now it’s the biggest talking point

Who else has release and brand like this and got the whole of golf talking

It could be a genius move

How about waiting to see actually what happens when it hits the shelves - there is every chance that the stuff could fly of the shelf , it’s a good chance that it’s going to be good quality and there will be plenty of items to pick from

What it
It's definitely going to sell to begin with, because it's Tiger Woods. I just don't think that is an excuse for them to phone in a load of crappy design. I think after the initial novelty the buzz will wear off.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
There is one important fact, or question, that hardly ever seems to comes up in discussion about golf stuff.
Where is the factory makes it and who owns that factory?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's definitely going to sell to begin with, because it's Tiger Woods. I just don't think that is an excuse for them to phone in a load of crappy design. I think after the initial novelty the buzz will wear off.
I think it will sell but I also think it is telling how so many people on social media within golf have said it is a poor concept

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Certainly, some people are just stuck in their ways and are going to resist the new innovation. In the short term. Everyone I have spoken to loves it, and our pro told me he is inundated with enquiries from people who want to get their hands on some as soon as possible. X and all the social media are full of people really enthusiastic about the product, design, range, creativity, and magical Tiger sauce !

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Certainly, some people are just stuck in their ways and are going to resist the new innovation. In the short term. Everyone I have spoken to loves it, and our pro told me he is inundated with enquiries from people who want to get their hands on some as soon as possible. X and all the social media are full of people really enthusiastic about the product, design, range, creativity, and magical Tiger sauce !
That's flat out wrong, Twitter is absolutely trashing the design, name and logo. Eg....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is one important fact, or question, that hardly ever seems to comes up in discussion about golf stuff.
Where is the factory makes it and who owns that factory?
Why would it? Do you ask that question of any item of clothing? Most are now produced in the Far East by nameless clothing companies making to order. No big company actually makes their own gear now, sad though that is. Nike, Adidas, M & S, Next, take your pick. The day of in house production are over in the main, with some very rare exceptions.

Go wild, message all of the big golf clothing manufacturers and ask the question.

Visit site
The name and logo are awful

There isn’t a single product I’ve seen from the launch that I would be excited to buy

And that’s coming from a man who loves to buy golf clothes. I’ve got about 15 Galvin Green polos, plenty of G/Fore bits, joggers, a whole load of hats, Jordan/Air Max golf shoes etc.

I agree with the Slazenger/greg Norman/Sports Direct comparisons.