Sun Day Red

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I'm not sure if you're joking or not!😁😁

Hey, I've got far too many golf shirts hanging in the wardrobe, so fill your boots if so inclined.

I'm sure they'll all be made in a sweat shop somewhere and sold for a massive markup.

I'll buy some if it's better than the stuff I generally buy. I wouldn't but it just cos TW lent his name to it.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Looks fantastic, and cant wait for this to launch. Its really going to shake up the world of golf apparel, and will offer something that moves on from the tired old world of Footjoy, Callaway and Pringle. Its fresh new look is going to attract lots of new fans and really grow the wearing of golfwear, thats for sure. Younger sports casual wearers are really going to go for it. Especially as it will be available soon in our region. Have already decided I am going to get the red polo of course - like who isnt? - and probably 3 or four other colours. The red will indeed be kept only for Sundays ! Then a cap, and great to see that they will offer gloves as well, so we can go all in on whe full Sun Day Red look. Lots of buzz about it in my club today. Socials are really trending it. Hopefully will see some of my fave pros gaming it too. Can see quite a few jumping ship from their current providers. Guessing they will stay away from the red on Sundays, but for sure, its going to be THE look on the course this summer!

sunshine

Visit site
Nike is dead to me 🤣🤣

Seriously, I wonder how much time Tiger has invested in drawing out his new designs, painstakingly visiting textile manufacturers to test different fabrics, etc etc.

I went to his restaurant in Jupiter a couple of weeks ago, and he didn’t cook my dinner either.

sunshine

Visit site
Hopefully will see some of my fave pros gaming it too. Can see quite a few jumping ship from their current providers.

People won’t like it, but Tiger is bigger than golf, this launch is big news.

Surely Justin Thomas will be first, after his Ralph Lauren incident a couple of years ago.
Rory will be a massive signing. Probably not this year though.

This is bigger than LIV. Won’t be long before Patrick Red Reed tries to get his grubby hands on some merch and starts wearing it “to grow the game”.

TigerBear

Visit site
Absolutely, the TW logo he had with Nike looked a lot better than this tiger thing that looks exactly like the Slazenger logo.

Also a bit crap that he's decided to spell 'Sunday' wrong. Makes him look like an idiot. If Sunday Red was already a trademark (somehow?) I'd have just gone with something else. Why not just call it Tiger Woods, it's not like he has the most marketable name on the planet or anything?? Or was that trademarked by the old PlayStation games? :LOL:
100% mate, it's as if they got a 3 year old to draw the slazenger logo. Looks awful.

Hopefully the fan feedback, which has been overwhelming negative, will see this SDR rubbish binned!

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
People won’t like it, but Tiger is bigger than golf, this launch is big news.

Surely Justin Thomas will be first, after his Ralph Lauren incident a couple of years ago.
Rory will be a massive signing. Probably not this year though.

This is bigger than LIV. Won’t be long before Patrick Red Reed tries to get his grubby hands on some merch and starts wearing it “to grow the game”.
Sources indicating they have a lot of big names lined up to sport it. Some top rank announcements upcoming.

sunshine

Visit site
Well. I'm going to assume that those "wetting themselves with excitement," are being facetious, as not enough stuff has been shown to judge.

I think the price will be big factor... I'm not expecting cheap and cheeeful!😁😁

Absolutely. The same could be said about those criticising the products as cheap tat, too early to judge.

I am intrigued about what market / price point is going to be targeted. Tiger is 48 and must appeal most to people in their 30’s and 40’s, whereas Nike has a broader appeal especially at the younger age and is midrange price

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not a very warm reception across the social media I've seen and I can see why. It seems a very poorly designed collection, almost rushed to get it out there. It will be interesting to see the quality compared to Nike who have always produced decent clothing lines

D

Deleted member 29109

I suspect Nike will hold the rights to the TW and Frank logos. Hence the skeleton.
I suspect it will morph into something slightly different in time. They need to drop the letters for a start.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I suspect Nike will hold the rights to the TW and Frank logos. Hence the skeleton.
I suspect it will morph into something slightly different in time. They need to drop the letters for a start.
I read before all this was released that Tiger owned they TW logo himself. But I guess he just wanted a clean break from the Nike TW stuff. Still, a swing and a miss, destined to be forever on sale along with the Greg Norman and Ben Hogan stuff.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I read before all this was released that Tiger owned they TW logo himself. But I guess he just wanted a clean break from the Nike TW stuff. Still, a swing and a miss, destined to be forever on sale along with the Greg Norman and Ben Hogan stuff.

I guess it also depends on his plans & aspirations for the brand. If its just for him and the public 'TW' would work just fine

If on the other hand he/TM believe they can sign other tour pros to wear the apparel in the months/years ahead, then using the 'TW' logo doesn't really work (particularly while he still considers himself a Tour player)

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interestingly, it was pointed out yesterday that Charlie Hoffman wears Greg Norman gear! Must’ve had a load of American golf vouchers for Christmas!