Suggestions for shoes

MysteryMan

Visit site
I was looking for a pair of comfortable golf shoes a while back and, after a bit of reading, decided on a pair of Ecco Street One Evo shoes.

I have worn then twice, now, and notice that they are rubbing on the back of my heels. On inspection, they are quite narrow at the back of the shoe.

Can anyone suggest other makes/models I should look at for comfort, lightweight, waterproof and not having a narrow back/heel?

Thanks

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Extreme generality but if they are rubbing they aren't fitting properly; but with the dynamic nature of golf this can involve the flex or support of the sole as much as the physical fit.

Again generally, the modern lightweight shoes are far worse on heels than the earlier models.

Of the models mentioned the hyperflex is very narrow in the heel, but surprisingly wide in the forefoot and sole overall. Being so narrow may not be the problem you seem to feel it would be.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Fully appreciate that is is horses for courses, but Ecco are mostly regarded as producing the one of the most comfiest shoes out there. I have some Streets and Biom Hybrids and they have been the comfiest shoes I've ever owned. So I'd definitely try before you buy anything else if you are struggling with Ecco Streets for comfort.

Also worth bearing in mind another golf mag did a shoe fitting session with something like 15 golfers and I think only 2 or 3 actually were wearing the 'correct' shoe size. So may be worth getting properly fitted so to speak, if you can do such things nowadays outside Clerks.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Footjoy Contours. Now on my 4th pair. I've never got on with Ecco's, having had a pair of Street's which are really comfortable for about 12 holes, and a pair of Ecco's with spikes many years ago.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fully appreciate that is is horses for courses, but Ecco are mostly regarded as producing the one of the most comfiest shoes out there. I have some Streets and Biom Hybrids and they have been the comfiest shoes I've ever owned. So I'd definitely try before you buy anything else if you are struggling with Ecco Streets for comfort.

Also worth bearing in mind another golf mag did a shoe fitting session with something like 15 golfers and I think only 2 or 3 actually were wearing the 'correct' shoe size. So may be worth getting properly fitted so to speak, if you can do such things nowadays outside Clerks.

I was trying to remember which one HK - it used to be quite poor but it's even worse with the latest models and increased online purchasing from everything I've seen and heard.

MysteryMan

Visit site

Thanks for good suggestions - keep 'em coming.

I agree that I need to get to try them before buying, but, the Eccos feel fine when I try them on - it was just after an hour or so that I could feel them rubbing.

The big problem I have is that I have small feet (size 6, at the most!) - amazing for a 6 footer! - and the shop I tried (Clubhouse Golf Direct) only had one pair out of all the shoes they sold for me to try. I suspect any other shops will be no better.

Was lucky with previous Adidas ones as they were great - just not that waterproof!

D

Deleted member 15344

The issue I have with Ecco is the styling - I find Adidas just as comfy - every single pair I have owned have been like slippers from new

But It seems to me that it's all different for different people - some have FJ like slippers whilst some have Adidas rip their feet up

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Footjoy Contours. Now on my 4th pair. I've never got on with Ecco's, having had a pair of Street's which are really comfortable for about 12 holes, and a pair of Ecco's with spikes many years ago.

Yep - that's how I find it too. Ecco Streets work great when the fairways are both dry and have some give in them but the Contours are always comfortable. Dry joys are comfortable but heavy (for me and my problems).

So far the hyperflex are looking good though 😀