Stupid, pretentious Rolex adverts

sunshine

Visit site
Our local Aldi generally has a car park full of £90k Range Rovers and Mercs with all-year-round sun-tanned couples

That could be anyone from millionaire footballers to people from the local council estate. Due to Love Island etc you can see orange people in expensive leased cars everywhere now.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does anyone remember the useless “the word is … Vodafone” ad? It was not even featuring the product / service. Must’ve been “aspirational” like Rolex. 😂

Swango1980

Visit site
I'll give you that...to an extent. But...
Take the Meerkats...initially I liked the ads and , should I have required, would possibly have gone there first over the pseudo opera singing oaf...
Now....they all irritate me to the point that I will actively seek out alternatives even if it takes longer.
I don't shop at Tesco because every little helps or the ability to shout I've got the power at the cashier...it's the closet decent sized supermarket..
For some individuals an annoying ad may well directly stop them buying that product / service in the future. However, I don't know many people that will actively go out of their way to not buy a product, simply because an ad annoyed them. It isn't like if you shop at Tesco, you'll constantly have staff running up to you and saying "every little helps"?

Annoying ads can be priceless for certain companies. After all, we can probably all remember our most annoying ads, and the company they were for? Whereas we might rate a sleek on non-provocative ad at the time of seeing it, but forget all about it over time. Huge companies will spend loads on advertising, and so should have a lot of highly qualified people within that field, and I am sure monitor how well each ad seems to do. So, there is method in the madness when they create the most hugely annoying ads you might ever see.

sjw

Visit site
I usually look for the cheapest (Aldi in my case for groceries) and would rather compare prices for services like insurance so the ads wouldn't sway me if I could find the cover I wanted elsewhere other than the meerkats or warbling Welshman
Who is the warbling Welshman?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What's he got to do with anything?
I said in post # 44 I usually look for the cheapest (Aldi in my case for groceries) and would rather compare prices for services like insurance so the ads wouldn't sway me if I could find the cover I wanted elsewhere other than the meerkats or warbling Welshman

You asked who he was. I would prefer comparison sites over adverts like the Go Compare one. I'm done

sjw

Visit site
I said in post # 44 I usually look for the cheapest (Aldi in my case for groceries) and would rather compare prices for services like insurance so the ads wouldn't sway me if I could find the cover I wanted elsewhere other than the meerkats or warbling Welshman

You asked who he was. I would prefer comparison sites over adverts like the Go Compare one. I'm done
Oh I see, he's the Go Compare man. That advert obviously hadn't worked on me, but... ;)