Stuburt Helium Pro's

HartleyHare

Assistant Pro
Visit site
when i started playing 12 months ago i bought a cheap set of shoes, just to get me through without spending too much (in case i didn't fall for golf).
anyway at the start of this year having decided me and golf got on okay, i thought i'd "upgrade".
after a bit of research and scouting around i plumped for a pair of Stuburt helium pro's.
all the reviews were good and the bumpf went on about "straight outta the box, no blisters" etc. etc.

AG had a sale on £30 off, 1 pair of size 9's left.
brilliant i thought, went down there, tried them on, had a wander around the shop and bought them.

what an utter waste of money!!
they have rubeed my heels red raw for months and now that is finally subsiding a crease has formed across the front and they're rubbing my big toe!!!
to make matters worse my calfs are killing me from about hole 6 or 7 onwards, because i'm walking like John Cleese to try to alleviate some of the pain from my feet.

does anyone else use these shoes, what is your experience of them??
will i get any joy from Stuburt regarding money back/replacements???

T

thecraw

Had a pair for 18 months and they were first class shoes. I cant wear Nike as they dont suit my big slabs of meat at all. Its all about finding whats right.

I have Footjoy Realfits, Adidas Tour 360, Adidas Powerband, and Hi-Tec shoes all of which are superb. Just be careful what you buy. If you do have problem feet then I would suggest sticking to a decent pair of Fj's.

Good luck with the shoe hunting. My mate has just bought a pair of Bite shoes and he raves about them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Never had a pair as I never really found a design I liked. Not sure after this amount of time whether you will have any joy complaing.

I am a Footjoy man through and through. Adidas are too tight and small (I have to take an extra 1/2 size and even then they are too tight across the width) and tend to crack and leak very easily. I have a pair of Hi-Tec CDT which I did find prett comfy with only a few goes on the practice ground to break them in.

However I suggest the Dryjoy PODS. Bought a pair from my pro put them straight on and went out. Took a box of plasters expecting the inevitable blisters and didn't have any problems at all. Now ordering a custom coloured pair as well