Stromberg trousers

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does anyone know who keeps a good stock of these at LOW prices (I am a Yorkshireman).
I have searched the net for ages and when I go through the stock i've noticed you have to either be 4 stone wet through or 3'6" tall.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Does anyone know who keeps a good stock of these at LOW prices (I am a Yorkshireman).
I have searched the net for ages and when I go through the stock i've noticed you have to either be 4 stone wet through or 3'6" tall.

Vig.

Ive had a few similar frustrations with GG gear as i'm looking to upgrade my all weather gear to broaden the weather conditions I can play in.

In the course of my (ongoing) research I contacted GG directly to ask for a UK sizing guide and suggest you do the same (from Stromberg of course). The discrepencies can be quite astounding as they're all lean, athletic ubermenschen in Sweden it seems ...or more likely i'm just a lard guzzling, walking eclipse (yep, that'll be the one then). Either way, they were very helpful and i'm sure Stromberg will be to.

Price I cannot be sure about but top line gear is top line price i'm afraid. Anything you find that is too cheap is something to be treated with suspicion IMHO. It'll work out in the long run though

bill

teetime72

Head Pro
Visit site
but £40 for a decent (if that's what they are)pair of sportswear trousers seems reasonable to me. But then again I am a shandy drinking rich southerner (if we're stereo typing).

Being a rich southerner you will not understand Yorkshire.
You and I might say,moneys made round to go round,inYorkshire they reckon it`s made flat to stack.lol.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have a couple of pairs and I think for the quality of the material and the styling/manufacturing they represent reasonable value.

I'm quite lucky in that I'm just on 6 foot and a standard 36 waist and 31 leg so don't have too much of a problem. Good shout though to drop them a line and ask the question

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
but £40 for a decent (if that's what they are)pair of sportswear trousers seems reasonable to me. But then again I am a shandy drinking rich southerner (if we're stereo typing).

Being a rich southerner you will not understand Yorkshire.
You and I might say,moneys made round to go round,inYorkshire they reckon it`s made flat to stack.lol.

Excellent comment teetime. Even the Tykes will laugh at that

teetime72

Head Pro
Visit site
Couldn`t resist it.

Here`s an idea .How about a Lancs v Yorks match.
I would not be able to arrange it myself but would certainly support it.

Anyone interested?

T

thecraw

£40 bucks is probably the most I will part with for a pair of golfing slacks, unless they are awesome and I must have.

Stromberg gear is top notch and worth every penny.

Try ebay mate.

wilf_74

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My stromberg trousers do fit nice, and are well worth the money, but be aware they do come up small, unlike some golf gear (such as golfing polo shirts) which always seem tent like!

heathcliffe

Hacker
soedt-sis
Interesting thread this one...Stromberg are a Yorkshire firm based in Leeds.The MD is a member of Huddersfield GC an excellent course.He also sponsors an exciting prospect on the Europro Tour ..Chris Hanson .It is Hanson who is the model on the Stromberg website and he is based at Crosland Heath GC probably the best course in Huddersfield.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
My stromberg trousers do fit nice, and are well worth the money, but be aware they do come up small, unlike some golf gear (such as golfing polo shirts) which always seem tent like!

It is because they (Callaway, Ping & others) are US sized and not UK, I bought a Large Callaway a few weeks ago and it is like a XL, decent retailers will advise of this if buying online.

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
Got mine through Auchterlonies in St Andrews - sent my measurements to Stromberg who customed me a few pairs for the same price as I didn't fit any of the standard sizes. As far as I am concerned the trousers are very good value considering other sports specific clothing costs (although wash them inside out as the trim colour can fade). If you want cheap golf trousers go to Asda or Tesco I reckon.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I did see the funny side, yorks V "the dark side" I would be up for that and i'm sure others would be BUT......what would we wear :eek:

Wash inside out, I have to pay 40 quid for a pair of trousers and HAVE to wash them as well!!!!!

I don't mind paying £40 for trousers but online there is about £20 difference between some of the web sites.
The size was the main issue.
I have found a few pair that I like (yes I was going to buy more than one pair) But Inside leg not long enough and when I find one that does fit inside leg, the waist sizes are like 32 or 34, Christ my thighs are that. :D

Shop at Asda or Tesco,,,, the cheek of it,,,, they don't have my size either :D