FJ Hydroknit Trousers

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Now the weather seems to be a bit wetter, I am looking at getting some new waterproof trousers. I don't really like wearing them, a bit of a faff getting them on and off, too warm, etc so was looking at the FJ hydroknit trousers which claim to be like normal trousers, but waterproof. Does anyone have these trousers that could provide some real life feedback before I splash the cash?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I wear these. I like you, didnt want to put a waterproof trousers over my normal trousers. I coudn't give them a bigger thumps up as a bit of kit. They are extremely comfortable, have a good amount of stretch into them and just look like a normal pair of trousers. Fully waterproof and warm.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’ve the got the hydroknit jacket and it’s great.

As for the bottom half, I wear the stromberg wintra trousers so no need for separate waterproofs and they’ve never let me down

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I’ve the got the hydroknit jacket and it’s great.

As for the bottom half, I wear the stromberg wintra trousers so no need for separate waterproofs and they’ve never let me down

I saw you more as a corduroy sort of person !

D

Deleted member 15344

Both the jacket and trousers are excellent- have worn the trousers as normal trousers and also on colder days with thermal leggings underneath

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Glad this post has been put on. My mate just bought a pair and wore them at the weekend. I have the jacket and was considering the pants too.

For those that have worn them in winter, do you wear anything underneath them or are they warm enough on their own?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
For colder weather with showers, the Footjoy performance xtreme trousers are pretty excellent too. Nice and warm, and water repellent, have just washed mine in Graingers to re-proof them for this season. Took them to Norway with me last week and kept me dry in the light rain.

Whilst we're talking Footjoy clothing, have to give all their gear a big thumbs up. Have bought a few FJ tops this year, both long and short sleeve. Can't speak highly enough about their quality, look and feel are great, and hold their shape after many washes, especially the collars.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Toying with getting the same. Have the hydroknit jacket and certainly endorse that its a great fabric. Perfect waterproofing, nice feel, not noisy or stiff which annoys me with some other waterproofs.

Have the Stromberg winter trousers, and they are good indeed, and a real bargain I think.

Still thinking of a pair of Hydroknit though....

Last edited:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Glad this post has been put on. My mate just bought a pair and wore them at the weekend. I have the jacket and was considering the pants too.

For those that have worn them in winter, do you wear anything underneath them or are they warm enough on their own?

I've always found the trousers warm enough on their own without any thermals underneath.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I will have a look at the Stromberg trousers, AG have them for £90 for 2 airs so a fair bit cheaper than the FJ ones! I had a pair of their normal trousers a few years back and was impressed with the fit and quality