Stock piling , panic buying.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
And back to panic buying, what's with the fresh chicken?
I've seen everything back on the shelves apart from flour and poultry.
Flour I can understand, as there's normally a pretty low demand for bread flour, and it must be really hard to change the supply chain. But fresh chicken? Are people changing their diet? It doesn't even have a particularly long shelf life. Other meat seems fine.
No issues with chicken here, but haven't seen diced beef for a couple of weeks. Various shops.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are yo that far north? From Leicestershire to your place can't be that far surely. If it was coming from Hinkley Point, then maybe; but you'd not need to worry about it going off so much as other effects it might have! :cautious:
I live 60 miles south of Glasgow.
[I also might have confused Hinkley with the Oxfordshire place.....Didcott ;)]

Last edited:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well my Morrisons food box has arrived.
Pretty impressed with the whole process.
£30 + £5 delivery the food equates to £30 inc meat milk bacon sausages veggies pasta rice butter bread soup pasta sauce TOILET ROLLS [4] Kitchen rolls and ham.
Only thing we won't use is peppers. The fresh stuff was packed inside an insulated bag with 4 blocks of ice [ice was still very solid].
More than a weeks supply for two apart from the milk.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And back to panic buying, what's with the fresh chicken?
I've seen everything back on the shelves apart from flour and poultry.
Flour I can understand, as there's normally a pretty low demand for bread flour, and it must be really hard to change the supply chain. But fresh chicken? Are people changing their diet? It doesn't even have a particularly long shelf life. Other meat seems fine.

Freeze it. Simple

We before all this used to buy 5kg of chicken breast off Smithfields at a time. Worked out about 20 breasts .. freeze them in 2s..

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just back from Tesco. Very organised queue system, all trolley handles disinfected by staff as you go in, shelves were over 90% full with nothing specific missing and only a couple of customers with overloaded trolleys. Perhaps the panic buying has abated a bit. I normally hate grocery shopping but I almost enjoyed the slightly sublime experience, probably because it's the only thing on my social calendar this week.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
went to Tesco ness side just to get a couple of things we needed, still no tins, pasta.... some meat... no Toilet rolls at all though.... good news it plenty of Easter Eggs, so we won't starve:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

still not getting the toilet roll thing, not even with Crwafords horny teenage boys theory

Last edited:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
went to Teco ness side just to get a couple of things we needed, still no tins, pasta.... some meat... no Toilet rolls at all though.... good news it plenty of Easter Eggs, so we won't starve:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

still not getting the toilet roll thing, not even with Crwafords horny teenage boys theory

Did my weekly shop today At Sainsburys and they were doing a 1 in one out once a certain number of people were in. But got in very quickly and it was pleasantly empty inside. They had bog rolls and were relatively well stocked on most other things apart from dry pasta and tinned veg. Someone must have a lot of tinned sweetcorn and tagliatelle somewhere. Managed to get everything I needed for the next week including plenty of fresh veg and fruit to stave off the scurvy.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My turn to shop this morning... Aldi... Only item on my list unavailable was semi-skinned... Dairy produce, in general, appeared to be low on stocks...
HID went to our Aldi and got everything she wanted including milk etc for her parents who woke up to the Boris letter saying you're shut in for a long time yet. HID had more hassle trying to pick up their medication. Nearly an hour in Sainsbury's to get that sorted and no inhaler for her dad. According to the pharmacist there is a shortage of inhalers at the moment...heads up if anyone is asthmatic

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Managed to order online from my normal bog roll supplier .. my normal amount is on its way. Minimum order was 2 which due to demand is also the max order (only get 2 packs anyways)

Should last the house 6 months! See out this lockdown

(As a note I always buy this amount of toilet paper from the whole seller , leave the supermarket stuff for others, before this crisis I was just opening my last pack of 4 bog roll so went to get my 2 big packs but everyone was going crazy, been having to change My pattern and buy packs of 9 from super markets which increase demand there)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Managed to order online from my normal bog roll supplier .. my normal amount is on its way. Minimum order was 2 which due to demand is also the max order (only get 2 packs anyways)

Should last the house 6 months! See out this lockdown

You have a specific bog roll supplier !!

Oo do tell, is it special bog roll, essential oils? Aloe? Does it glide?

And are they packs of 128 ? ?
Asking for a friend ?