Stock piling , panic buying.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Downside of shopping in Aldi is that they don't have a foodbank donation trolley in store as Tesco do... Also, not going into town not able to purchase me Big Issue...
I can only speak for Staffordshire when I say that the food banks are rammed full. the generosity of the public has been astonishing. i would have thought this is the same all over. Well, I hope

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can only speak for Staffordshire when I say that the food banks are rammed full. the generosity of the public has been astonishing. i would have thought this is the same all over. Well, I hope

There was a Facebook post by a nurse round here Friday think it was

She got to Tesco the queue told her to jump in front of them she needs food more than they do

Then the man behind her at till refused to let her pay for her shopping insisted he did

Really gives you hope for humanity

User20204

Visit site
There was a Facebook post by a nurse round here Friday think it was

She got to Tesco the queue told her to jump in front of them she needs food more than they do

Then the man behind her at till refused to let her pay for her shopping insisted he did

Really gives you hope for humanity

See I get that, right up until someone refused to allow her to pay, why ? Nurses aren't poorly paid, they'll be on full wages with all the overtime in the world available to them, risking their own personal health is a different issue but I wonder about the man behind the til, does he do that for the guy selling the big issue outside or the beggar down the road ?

Really gives me a strange sense of humanity.

D

Deleted member 23270

See I get that, right up until someone refused to allow her to pay, why ? Nurses aren't poorly paid, they'll be on full wages with all the overtime in the world available to them, risking their own personal health is a different issue but I wonder about the man behind the til, does he do that for the guy selling the big issue outside or the beggar down the road ?

Really gives me a strange sense of humanity.
Maybe it's his way of saying thank you for risking her life to save others. You can't really put a price on that.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Out today for first time in 7 days to work and had to pass local Lidl, 9.10 and 6 cars in the car park. HID went to Waitrose yesterday and loads of fruit and veg half price as too much and going out of date.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
We went about 3pm Saturday afternoon, was a breeze.

Seen some videos of the queues at the Watford one and people taking several hours just to get in - utter madness.

I drive past the Croydon one twice a week, never seen a queue less than 200m and cars all the way down Imperial Way making access into the businesses difficult, no separation in the queues, all right up each others arses, utter knobs!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Exactly. If my nan needs any she is more than welcome to it.

They were out of stock online during all this but now back in stock so can clearly cope with demand. The shops have theirs left which people can get readily again.
Why is there a ‘run’ on loo rolls? It is all over the world.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why is there a ‘run’ on loo rolls? It is all over the world.
They're the perfect storm really.
Pretty much essential for civilised living.
Required on a daily basis.
No obvious substitute.
Most people normally buy them on a JIT basis with little spare inventory (they take up a lot of space).
They're really cheap, so easy for pretty much anyone to buy a lot of
They last forever, so having too much isn't a thing.

I can't think of anything else which hits so many spots.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Last shop for us was last week, Stepson brought in a top-up for the stuff we couldn't get.
Woke up this morning with an email from Morrisons thanking me for my order and delivery scheduled for 10th April.
I was a bit non-plussed and then looked at the order time. My missus isn't sleeping well at the moment (we're sleeping in separate rooms at the moment due to her concerns about the virus and the fact I had a heavy cold last week) so at 5am decided to see if she could get a slot from Morrisons and ordered online and then went back to sleep.
Se we'll eke out what we have for a little longer.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Getting a replacement for my American Fridge Freezer. Got a note from the retailer saying that due to Covid, they can only do doorstep delivery... How the F am i supposed to take it from my doorstep to the kitchen. luckily they have offered to keep it for sometime

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We went to the Big Tesco last night. Small queue to get in (was much longer when we were leaving actually - there were more people queuing to get in than there were in the shop!). Quite a few people wearing masks in there. I was just wearing gloves although the benefit was probably zero. The hardest part (genuinely) was remembering not to touch my face. We tried to observe the 2m distance, at some times it was not really possible due to the width of the aisles and the fact you might have three different people with trolleys there, but you give people as wide a berth as possible. Others just weren't bothered though, my wife said someone practically stuck their head just over her shoulder to grab a yoghurt or something.

There was plenty of bread, plenty of milk, but still empty shelves where the pasta should be. We got everything on our list though. Mainly chocolate and crisps.