Stock piling , panic buying.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a 10 minute wait to get into Tesco today. And have say, Tesco had done a pretty neat job of making things as easy as possible to maintain social spacing. Only letting people come in in small numbers, one-in-one-out, 2m marks on the floor, one way systems up & down the aisle and so on. So why do some of the other idiot customers not pay the slightest attention to them and just wander around without the slightest consideration for other shoppers? My technique for next time (not too soon I hope) will be to go round the shop coughing persistently (and maybe with a little feverish sweat on my brow).

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The queues are still reported as a max of 4-5 hours to get in to the large stores
Thanks to a couple of deliveries we'll skip our allocated shopping day tomorrow

Fish

Banned
Visit site
They're the perfect storm really.
Pretty much essential for civilised living.
Required on a daily basis.
No obvious substitute.
Most people normally buy them on a JIT basis with little spare inventory (they take up a lot of space).
They're really cheap, so easy for pretty much anyone to buy a lot of
They last forever, so having too much isn't a thing.

I can't think of anything else which hits so many spots.

I can, there's that much faeces on social media and now with everyone at home, the faeces out there is at unbearable heights, as such we need far more bog rolls than ever before even more faeces over-spills onto forums.........oh wait.....:p

Last edited:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just a 10 minute wait to get into Tesco today. And have say, Tesco had done a pretty neat job of making things as easy as possible to maintain social spacing. Only letting people come in in small numbers, one-in-one-out, 2m marks on the floor, one way systems up & down the aisle and so on. So why do some of the other idiot customers not pay the slightest attention to them and just wander around without the slightest consideration for other shoppers? My technique for next time (not too soon I hope) will be to go round the shop coughing persistently (and maybe with a little feverish sweat on my brow).

It was my first day out of enforced quarantine today so I braved a trip to Tesco and encountered exactly this sort of behaviour from more than just a few people. I spent most of my time muttering "Insert expletives of choice” under my breath at some of the things people were doing but for one stupid woman that wasn't enough for me.

She annoyed me by brushing past me twice and then hitting me with her trolley twice. The final straw was when she reached over me to get something off the shelf I was looking at. Minus most of my choice language my response was "You've obviously got no idea what 2m is and if you get any closer I'm going to have to put a condom on. I haven't got any condoms with me so I suggest you back it up a bit bitch". She said that she'd never been so insulted in her life so I told her that if she didn't "vacate the area" close to me then she'd be even more insulted.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can, there's that much crud on social media and now with everyone at home, the crud out there is at unbearable heights, as such we need far more bog rolls than ever before even more crud over-spills onto forums.........oh wait.....:p

Not forgetting the fact that you've got thousands of teenage boys at home all day in their bedrooms. It's a wonder that there's a single tissue left anywhere in the country.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was my first day out of enforced quarantine today so I braved a trip to Tesco and encountered exactly this sort of behaviour from more than just a few people. I spent most of my time muttering "naughty words” under my breath at some of the things people were doing but for one stupid woman that wasn't enough for me.

She annoyed me by brushing past me twice and then hitting me with her trolley twice. The final straw was when she reached over me to get something off the shelf I was looking at. Minus most of my choice language my response was "You've obviously got no idea what 2m is and if you get any closer I'm going to have to put a condom on. I haven't got any condoms with me so I suggest you back it up a bit bitch". She said that she'd never been so insulted in her life so I told her that if she didn't "vacate the area" close to me then she'd be even more insulted.
Believe me when I say I was tempted to say similar during today's trip. It was only deference to my wife's sensibilities that prevented it. Next time, I may not be so circumspect.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Same as our Supermarkets, doing all they can including only single (no couples) shoppers in one - yet some folks wander about with their head in the clouds and not paying any attention to other shoppers. Jeez - what is it with some folks.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
We went to the Big Tesco last night. Small queue to get in (was much longer when we were leaving actually - there were more people queuing to get in than there were in the shop!). Quite a few people wearing masks in there. I was just wearing gloves although the benefit was probably zero. The hardest part (genuinely) was remembering not to touch my face. We tried to observe the 2m distance, at some times it was not really possible due to the width of the aisles and the fact you might have three different people with trolleys there, but you give people as wide a berth as possible. Others just weren't bothered though, my wife said someone practically stuck their head just over her shoulder to grab a yoghurt or something.

There was plenty of bread, plenty of milk, but still empty shelves where the pasta should be. We got everything on our list though. Mainly chocolate and crisps.

We?
Congratulations, you've just doubled the risk of getting infected by the deadly virus.
Sadly you're not alone.
Tescos was full of couples last week, including my next door neighbours
:eek:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
It was my first day out of enforced quarantine today so I braved a trip to Tesco and encountered exactly this sort of behaviour from more than just a few people. I spent most of my time muttering "Insert expletives of choice” under my breath at some of the things people were doing but for one stupid woman that wasn't enough for me.

You have no idea when someone is hitting on you, do you
?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Rod

We all know the rules, surely The Mods have a difficult enough job without antagonising them. Would you swear in front of your son, wife, mother? If not why swear on here.

The Golf Monthly Forum is NOT a prison. You are entitled to leave!

Did Rod swear ?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
No. I did. Twice. In my defence they were quite mild swear words that I would use in front of my mum but the mods decided they weren't acceptable, which is fine as I know not to use them again.

My post was edited also, even though the word is in the dictionary, but hey ho, changed it to faeces instead as I didn’t like ‘crud’ ?

It was just that 3offthetee replied to Rod as though he’d swore, but I don’t think he did, being the upstanding citizen that he is ?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I had a surname edited but can see why!

???

(Genuinely wasn't intentional and it's the best surname I've ever came across)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We?
Congratulations, you've just doubled the risk of getting infected by the deadly virus.
Sadly you're not alone.
Tescos was full of couples last week, including my next door neighbours
:eek:
But also with two of us picking up items then we're there for less time, lessening our chance of getting infected. Probably balanced out about the same. :p