Stealth Hybrids - Sweet Spot

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The various drivers and fairway woods I own, or have owned in the past, have all had an alignment mark on the crown to show the position of the sweet spot. However, the same does not seem to always apply to hybrids. I have a couple of Taylormade Stealth hybrids that have no alignment marks … see photos. I could assume that the sweet spot would be at the midpoint between the toe and heel, or where the face has the greatest distance top to bottom, but examination of the marks on drivers and fairway woods shows that this is not necessarily the case; e.g. where there is perhaps extra weighting in the heel. Any thoughts on how I might ascertain the position of the sweet spot? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0994.jpeg
    IMG_0994.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0995.jpeg
    IMG_0995.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 6

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
If you hold the club lightly at the end of the grip and then tap along the face with your finger, there'll be a point where the head feels most solid and doesn't try to twist. That's the sweet spot.

ThinBullet

Visit site
Good points here that I'll use myself. My 2 cents:

I've used many many hybrids, mostly TaylorMade and Titleist over the years, and the sweetspot in my opinion is usually where the thickest part of the head is (if there's no weight port), as that's where the mass is. TM is more towards the toe, and Titleist middle to heel.

I reckon I hit about 400 balls a week, and always try new hybrids that show up on the used rack at the range, and it's so common with them. I can look at one down at the ball and know what the miss is going to be for me based on the shape of the head. The Stealth hybrid is an excellent club, and when they start to drop a bit more, i'll 100% have one, because it has that wee draw down to a fine art that nothing else has.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interestingly, Taylormade have added a marker to the crown on the Stealth 2 … and looks nearer the heel than the toe.

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpeg
    IMG_0998.jpeg
    540.6 KB · Views: 1