WTS: Ping Rapture 13* Mini-Driver

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Having recently moved back to a more traditional Driver, 3-wood, 5-wood set up at the long end of the bag I now have a Ping Rapture 13* Mini Driver to sell.

The Rapture Mini-Driver was not part of the standard Rapture line up when it was released at around the same time as the Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 and Taylor Made SLDR mini-drivers. It was pitched as a more upmarket product in the Ping line and at £400 easily exceeded the sort of price you would pay for a normal driver at that time (2014). With a titanium soleplate which lowered the centre of gravity this was touted as a viable alternative to driver when a higher degree of shot accuracy was required, with the versatility to play from both a tee and directly off the fairway (my own experiences indicate that this is a remarkably easy club to launch off the fairway).

As standard the club has a loft of 13 degrees which is adjustable by half a degree either way. I have TWO shafts for this club...both are the TFC949 shaft which was the standard shaft released with the Rapture (I believe it was a counterbalanced shaft designed to work specifically with the Rapture)...one is in Regular flex, the other is Stiff. BOTH shafts are included as part of the sale (as is a Ping wrench and the original Headcover that came with the club). Club length is 43.5". Headsize is 219cc so noticeably bigger than your average fairway wood. Face depth is only 38mm which is only 4mm deeper than my current Rogue 3 wood...so its still pretty shallow faced.

The pictures clearly show the club condition. The dark face has normal usage marks as does the sole. Apart from the utterly tiniest marks where the face meets the crown towards the toe, the club head is in excellent condition with no scratches, dents, chips or other marks.

Both shafts are in very good condition (stiff is virtually unblemished as its seen a lot less time in the bag than the regular), there are fine marks to the lacquer of the silver coloured shafts but no scratches that mar the paint and no bag rub marks. The grips on both shafts are in very good condition.

Headcover is in very good condition.

I am asking for £150 including postage/packing for this club (postage within the UK).

Purchase of this item will immediately trigger a purchase of my own, thus helping to stimulate the economy in this time of need. :Drapt1.jpgrapt2.jpgrapt3.jpgrapt4.jpgrapt5.jpgrapt6.jpgrapt7.jpgrapt8.jpg