Stack and Tilt

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Matt, I couldn't comment on Stack and Tilt since its not something I use or have looked into.

However, to slice you must have an out to in swing path that much is certain. The most common cause for this is starting the downswing with a shoulder turn.

Dont think of hitting the ball at the start of the downswing, instead just concentrate on swinging your arms down first a short distance before making any shoulder turn whatsoever (this comes later). Before long you should start to feel like you can hit the ball from the inside and infact a drill for you is to try and hit every ball straight right as much as possible until this feeling is well and truly grained in. :D

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Matt, I couldn't comment on Stack and Tilt since its not something I use or have looked into.

However, to slice you must have an out to in swing path that much is certain. The most common cause for this is starting the downswing with a shoulder turn.

Dont think of hitting the ball at the start of the downswing, instead just concentrate on swinging your arms down first a short distance before making any shoulder turn whatsoever (this comes later). Before long you should start to feel like you can hit the ball from the inside and infact a drill for you is to try and hit every ball straight right as much as possible until this feeling is well and truly grained in. :D

Your cure is basically saying that he has to change his entire swing... the path, the downswing and (more than likely) the grip would have to change too otherwise the clubface will be pointing in the wrong direction!! :D

It would be far EASIER to just change to stack and tilt and learn how to hit the ball properly :)

Quick fix for a slice if you want it...
http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk//showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/296675

MattCarter

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Went to the driving range tonight and tried out Stack and Tilt have to say it worked wonders for the slice not one shot went left to right and all had a nice easy draw to them.

Only problem was I lost height in my shots but think this was due to me not hitting through the ball and breaking my wrists too early, once this was sorted all was going nicley. So I will be carrying on.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Went to the driving range tonight and tried out Stack and Tilt have to say it worked wonders for the slice not one shot went left to right and all had a nice easy draw to them.

Only problem was I lost height in my shots but think this was due to me not hitting through the ball and breaking my wrists too early, once this was sorted all was going nicley. So I will be carrying on.

That sounds like a positive start.
Are you going to get the book?