Stack and Tilt

MattCarter

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To try stack and tilt is to see the light... is that what you want?

See the light? I just want to see the fairway of the hole im playing not the one next to it!

I think i will look into stack and tilt more any good websites?

Philm

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
im trying to incorporate some of the basic stack and tilt principles into my swing.

im finding that my pw/9/8/7 are all going further and straighter with less effort and smaller swing. slight hook/draw

6iron is alright at times.

5/4/3 are heading low trajectory and hook/straight block leftish.

the driver and fairway woods i still have weight shift in those swings i have yet to try and iron that movement out in search of more consistency.

my main problem is a mental one. i feel that this lack of weight transfer is the only way i can strike the ball, also everything i read about stake and tilt says technically it is the way to learn.

like if i was playing off 4-5 i wouldnt want to change much, but im not! so im convinced that if this swing is right in theory then i should give it a bash.

BUT i have no one to teach me or give me any pointers. i can only learn alitte online and if i pay for a lesson the pga pro straight away gets me swaying on to the back foot and its money wasted.

is their any pros that are competent in teaching the stack and tilt in Northern Ireland?(i ask cause im an absolute nobody and im currently useless therefore if i could find someone who believes in stack and tilt that would be much handier than trying to self teach OR ask a pro for tips on something they dont like)

thanks

Phil

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
To try stack and tilt is to see the light rough on the left due to massive duck hooks or clatter overhanging branches to your right due to being unable to hit anything other than a massive draw... is that what you want?

Corrected for you James
;) ;) ;)

Oi!, I shot 4 over par round Cooden last time out, can't remember what you shot... what was it again? :p

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
BUT i have no one to teach me or give me any pointers. i can only learn alitte online and if i pay for a lesson the pga pro straight away gets me swaying on to the back foot and its money wasted.

This is true. Do you video your own swing at all?

Have you purchased the S&T Book or DVD set?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Oi!, I shot 4 over par round Cooden last time out, can't remember what you shot... what was it again? :p

Repeat after me....
"There are no trees tight right at Cooden.
There are no trees tight right at Cooden"

There aren't that many at East Sussex National come to think of it
;)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
if i pay for a lesson the pga pro straight away gets me swaying on to the back foot and its money wasted.

If your pro is asking you to sway onto your back foot, either you've misunderstood him, or you need to find another pro or buy the S&T books/dvds as James suggested

Philm

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
if i pay for a lesson the pga pro straight away gets me swaying on to the back foot and its money wasted.

If your pro is asking you to sway onto your back foot, either you've misunderstood him, or you need to find another pro or buy the S&T books/dvds as James suggested

well sway perhaps isnt the right word. but he will stop me mid backswing and ask "where is your weight? and ill say still on my left side?!” “and he will say something like “exactly, we have got to get good weight transfer”

then he will proceed to push me with a club to get me further back onto my right side. lol

no I don’t know of any books or DVDs relating to stack and tilt, where can I get some?

Phil

percy_layer

Challenge Tour Pro
www.davidord.com
It's crap like this that has held back players and lined the pockets of teaching pros for 40+ years.

That's a bit harsh and totally unjustified.

I for one would rather take advice from someone who teaches golf for a living and helped countless golfers improve and enjoy the game.