Stack and tilt. How many use it or thinking of using it.?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Or have used it and kept it, or rejected it?

I have been watching some YouTube videos promoting this etc. I think so might give it a serious go on the basis that I've always had difficulty taking the divot well after the ball. And I'm not young.
So if I get through this virus thingy, I'll try it.
What do you chaps think?

D

Deleted member 23270

It has been discussed a few times on here in the past. A few are in favour of it but the general consensus seems to be that you don't really see it on tour very often and if guys who play for a living don't use it then there must be a better way to swing the club.

But you pays yer money and makes yer choice......

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
As Bob Torrance once said to Paul Lawrie when Paul told him he was working on 'stack and tilt'. You keep doing that youl be stacking shelves in the supermarket. Most people aren't flexible enough to use that method.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Justone was the king of S&T (think it was a T and not an M). He patiently explained the concept behind it and got me trying it. Have to say, when it works it was it is good but always had an issue with woods using it. The linear short game is very much from the same basis. Weight on front leg and pivot

Leftitshort

Visit site
Justone was the king of S&T (think it was a T and not an M). He patiently explained the concept behind it and got me trying it. Have to say, when it works it was it is good but always had an issue with woods using it. The linear short game is very much from the same basis. Weight on front leg and pivot
I’m not aware of either stack & tilt or this linear method. Can anyone give me a brief overview of both? I can then research more

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Ok thanks. Maybe I’ll pm homer on the linear method, as it’s the short game that interests me the most

Justone is your man. He is/was very passionate about it.

If you want sensible advice from someone who uses it - he is the one.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Stack and tilt if unsupervised produces a swing with too much weight on the front foot which promotes an increased (steep) angle of attack. Fine for deep divots on wedges, not so good on long clubs/driver.
Linear method is basically ball forward, hands back, stand square, aim straight and bounce the club under the ball.
More or less the opposite of what all the top players do except Gary Smith.

I wouldn't teach S&T or the linear method as in my opinion, they create more problems than they claim to fix

Leftitshort

Visit site
Stack and tilt if unsupervised produces a swing with too much weight on the front foot which promotes an increased (steep) angle of attack. Fine for deep divots on wedges, not so good on long clubs/driver.
Linear method is basically ball forward, hands back, stand square, aim straight and bounce the club under the ball.
More or less the opposite of what all the top players do except Gary Smith.

I wouldn't teach S&T or the linear method as in my opinion, they create more problems than they claim to fix
Ok thanks. Still no clue about stack & tilt, more research maybe, but isn’t the linear method the same as using the bounce, I thought this to be the current thinking ?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
they didn't catch one, they caught the BEST one :cool::cool:

Now I'm wondering if we are actually ALLOWED to talk about golf on the GOLF FORUM, I mean you can literally hear some people sharpening their knives.

I like stack and tilt (as many are aware) but you are not allowed to talk about stuff here without feeling like you are going to get bullied off the playground.

I think if the OP wants to talk about stack and tilt it might be better to PM me. I might just stick to watching people argue about English/Scottish politics and people getting 'bothered' that there's too many coronavirus threads.... ooooooh.

Leftitshort

Visit site
I’d like to hear about it also. I know that Arron Baderley (if spelt correctly) used it on tour, but I’ve not heard of it since. I thought it had gone away. I’ve always thought it to be one of those fads, a bit like aimpoint, but if I can use it to get better when finally allowed to play again.