Is This Normal Wear & Tear Or Would You Send It Back?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most thing in this country have a 12 month warranty.
It has to be fit for purpose.
Hotgolf are really good as it’s less than 12 months old I can’t see there being a problem with your claim.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most thing in this country have a 12 month warranty.
It has to be fit for purpose.
Hotgolf are really good as it’s less than 12 months old I can’t see there being a problem with your claim.
Well there is a slight problem. Missus couldn't find the email. I've no idea if they never sent a confirmation or whether it got lost in her spam, but we've got nothing. :confused:

I'll have to email them the photos and as much detail as possible and hope for the best.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well there is a slight problem. Missus couldn't find the email. I've no idea if they never sent a confirmation or whether it got lost in her spam, but we've got nothing. :confused:

I'll have to email them the photos and as much detail as possible and hope for the best.
It might be they have it on their records if you know the date.
Credit card date paid.
Long shot but you can ask.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Update

HotGolf have been great with this. They found our order confirmation themselves once I gave them my wife's name and the approximate purchase date, then they sent my photos to the manufacturer, and got back to me a week later to say the warranty return has been approved. Only downside is it's been taking them 4 or 5 days to answer emails but other than that, can't fault them. I've not been able to return the bag yet as I've been isolating, but I'll be sending it off this weekend with the DPD label they sent me. They've even suggested I'll be able to get a store credit refund instead of a direct replacement, which is what I wanted as I'll be putting it towards the Big Max hybrid bag instead.

While emptying the bag I even found a fourth bit of damage I didn't even know about. Inside the side pocket there's an internal zip that goes through to the main compartment (not sure what it's for - maybe in case you drop something in the main bag and need to fish it out). I've literally never touched this zip before as I didn't know it was there, but I unzipped it just to see what it was and the zipper came off in my hand! So yeah, basically don't bother buying MacGregor golf bags, unless you want a bag that crumbles to pieces.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think Macgregor are the premium brand they once were.
Obviously not. I'm not very familiar with their recent history, I know that they used to make irons and so on that were popular and now nobody really uses their clubs. The bag appealed to me as it was a hybrid bag and not too expensive at £100 in most places, but yeah, just shocking quality really to disintegrate that much in under a year.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Great you received the result you did. ?
As per KenL they aren't premium, and in the interest of balance the MacTec trolley bag bought Jan 2020 is still going well. There is a bit of wear on the foam where the shorter clubs sit, have had that on other bags. Have been pleasantly surprised with the level of waterproofing. Maybe I was lucky, or you unlucky - different bags though.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Obviously not. I'm not very familiar with their recent history, I know that they used to make irons and so on that were popular and now nobody really uses their clubs. The bag appealed to me as it was a hybrid bag and not too expensive at £100 in most places, but yeah, just shocking quality really to disintegrate that much in under a year.

That's decent! Least you got the result you wanted

My replacement 3 wood head arrived today after 6 weeks so I finally have my new 3 wood cant wait to play