Stableford - Joke !

Status
Not open for further replies.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The end result doesn't render your intent irrelevant. You intended to return a higher score than would benefit your stableford score and thus potentially your handicap.

eh ? what are you talking about man, I've never returned a score higher than I wanted to in my life.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
eh ? what are you talking about man, I've never returned a score higher than I wanted to in my life.

Nope, not higher than you wanted to - because you wanted to play stableford rounds as if they were medal rounds. You've not played holes to your best ability in terms of recording the best score you could and it's highly unlikely there aren't numerous instances where your stableford score has ended up lower than it could have been had you attempted to gain points.

D

Deleted member 23270

Whatever is tiring you, regardless, most of my topics are multiple page ones, tells me there is debate to be had.

Your threads are usually 50% of the posts are people disagreeing with you and the other 50% are your replies trying to shout them down. I would hardly call that a debate.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I agree, very suspect, apart from the fact I've made buffer in one, up point one in another and cut point 4 in the other, good try, fail though !

In that case keep playing Stablefords as your handicap is coming down in this format, which is your ultimate aim.

Maybe the forum will crowd fund you the 1st Downfield stableford generalissimo trophy and board - you'll be right at the top.;)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Someone battles away for 18 holes, scores 33 points, playing partner only manages to finish 17 holes, scores 35 points.

The game is about 18 holes from memory.

PP didnt "only manage to finish 17 holes" he played 18, his scores over 17 were better than his PP who scored on 18. I scored 42 over 17 today. I would t call that a joke, I would call that " a man who kicked ass😘"

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
21 pages of the OP laughing his leg of. Never ceases to amaze me how successful trolls are and regardless of intent to ignore, most people fail on that intent.

Well done OP in achieving your aim - pointless argument page after page. Don't waste time denying - just smile - job well done

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
21 pages of the OP laughing his leg of. Never ceases to amaze me how successful trolls are and regardless of intent to ignore, most people fail on that intent.

Well done OP in achieving your aim - pointless argument page after page. Don't waste time denying - just smile - job well done

Except, you've just added one more post to the thread! Damn, now I've just done it ...

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am just glad the Pro's don't play Stableford, just imagine The Open being a Stableford event............

Not even the elite amateur events are Stableford, why do you think that is?

Come to think of it are there any club opens staged as Stableford event ?

I agree with Gabby and a lot of the other comments here that Stableford is not a true format of golf but just a way that lets poorer players remain competitive in club matches in order to keep the interest going when they have a bad round which is probably most times they play

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am just glad the Pro's don't play Stableford, just imagine The Open being a Stableford event............

I agree with Gabby and a lot of the other comments here that Stableford is not a true format of golf but just a way that lets poorer players remain competitive in club matches in order to keep the interest going when they have a bad round which is probably most times they play

And there endith the topic, nothing further needs said.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site

how many club championships are matchplay?

why won't you and Cabby just accept that Stableford is just a different format. Like every format you may not particularly like it compared to others but that doesn't make it lesser just a different format

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
how many club championships are matchplay?

why won't you and Cabby just accept that Stableford is just a different format. Like every format you may not particularly like it compared to others but that doesn't make it lesser just a different format

Most Club Championships are Match play that i know off but in order to get to the Match play knockouts you must play stroke play in order to qualify and at no point is Stableford involved

Last edited:

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
really? every club championship I am aware of is a medal.

Clubs also have a match play tournament but it's not the club championship.

Your point seemed to be that stableford is lesser because club championships and elite tournaments are medal. My point is that match play is a recognised format that most golfers including elite play, but club championships, majors etc are not played in the match play format.

Stableford is just a different format and has its place in golf, whether Cabby or you like it or not

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
really? every club championship I am aware of is a medal.

Clubs also have a match play tournament but it's not the club championship.

Your point seemed to be that stableford is lesser because club championships and elite tournaments are medal. My point is that match play is a recognised format that most golfers including elite play, but club championships, majors etc are not played in the match play format.

Stableford is just a different format and has its place in golf, whether Cabby or you like it or not

Every club you are aware off, you obviously live a sheltered life.

Only big tour event I know about that plays Stableford is the Trilby and we all know about the Trilby tour.......

Last edited:

DCB

Visit site
Most Club Championships are Match play that i know off but in order to get to the Match play knockouts you must play stroke play in order to qualify and at no point is Stableford involved

I'd say that format is probably the norm up this side of the border.

D

Deleted member 15344

Tee up ball , hit ball walk after ball hit it again until it goes in - how you score the game is irrelevant at the end of the day

All talk of pro game and leading amateur is irrelevant - they aren’t club golfer

Some people need to stop being golf snobs in regards what format people play - some of those leading pros and amateurs played Stableford at one point in there life

If you don’t like Stableford then don’t play it but also don’t make snobbish judgments about people that do play it - it’s but trolling and just adds to the sports perception that it’s for snobs

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tee up ball , hit ball walk after ball hit it again until it goes in - how you score the game is irrelevant at the end of the day

All talk of pro game and leading amateur is irrelevant - they aren’t club golfer

Some people need to stop being golf snobs in regards what format people play - some of those leading pros and amateurs played Stableford at one point in there life

If you don’t like Stableford then don’t play it but also don’t make snobbish judgments about people that do play it - it’s but trolling and just adds to the sports perception that it’s for snobs

The only one trolling here is you

Status
Not open for further replies.