Stableford css.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why couldn’t your home course activate the changes ?

They can put it in manually as long as you give them the relevant info - date , course , CSS and gross score and then the change is put in live and when the download is done it’s put on your CDH and when the score comes in the HC sec can just not accept it as a duplicate

Folks on holiday and Pro away too so no one had been rostered to check for away scores and my voicemail was not picked up til it was too late .

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If it’s not on the Scottish Golf web then no one will have got their HC changes - no HC changes will have been administered for anyone who played the Comp - so I would expect a lot of people would be speaking to them

As I say, shambles on a number of levels. css = +1 ?? means nothing to no one. Stating that everything has been processed, when it's obvious it hasn't. It makes no difference to my h/cap as it turns out for the weekend as I'm actually higher than I thought I was @6.1 so it's not going to be more than .6 anyway, but even so, it's just not good enough IMO.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
And as if by magic, I get a call from our sec to say that it's just come thru about ten minutes ago, 4 days late :rolleyes:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
These events are actually organised and ran by Golf Scotland, a private company from Bathgate, they're on facebook but no relation to Scottish Golf .
They use different courses all over Scotland using different formats. Clubs pay them to advertise and run the events.
I'm not sure how they work out the Vcss if there is one, as it's nearly all visitors that take part.:thup:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm guessing it's just worked out as per normal css etc, though this has been a bit of a mess and I guess for others who also competed. Frustrating thing was them saying it had all been done and processed, now it may well have but somewhere along the line it's taken 4 days to sort out.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm guessing it's just worked out as per normal css etc, though this has been a bit of a mess and I guess for others who also competed. Frustrating thing was them saying it had all been done and processed, now it may well have but somewhere along the line it's taken 4 days to sort out.

Welcome to the seniors :D

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe I've taken a very simplistic view that Cabby might have got his SSSs and CSSs mixed up. My first thought was that perhaps CSS was SSS+1.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Maybe I've taken a very simplistic view that Cabby might have got his SSSs and CSSs mixed up. My first thought was that perhaps CSS was SSS+1.

I didn't get it mixed up, they most certainly sent an email and announced on their site that the css = +1, what I have subsequently found out is, that css = +1 actually means, SSS +1.

Not sure if you understand that, but for someone who doesn't play stableford, this may well always be the case of how it's released or what it stands for, for me personally, it meant nothing though I suspect for future events, when they say css = +1 or 2 or whatever, it will mean the SSS + whatever.....

Even reading that back just sounds absolute gobbledegook, guess that's stableford for you.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't get it mixed up, they most certainly sent an email and announced on their site that the css = +1, what I have subsequently found out is, that css = +1 actually means, SSS +1.

Not sure if you understand that, but for someone who doesn't play stableford, this may well always be the case of how it's released or what it stands for, for me personally, it meant nothing though I suspect for future events, when they say css = +1 or 2 or whatever, it will mean the SSS + whatever.....

Even reading that back just sounds absolute gobbledegook, guess that's stableford for you.

Err... as many have already tried to say in the thread, that was blindingly obvious from the outset? And would be relevant regardless of whether the competion was medal or stableford. That CSS was expressed as "CSS =+1" is nothing to do with the comp being stableford. Am afraid one can't put one's lack of understanding down the format, no matter how much one would like to ...

Last edited:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Blindingly obvious to some, not to me. For someone who rarely ever plays stabelford I have/had no understanding what css = +1 meant.

D

Deleted member 15344

Blindingly obvious to some, not to me. For someone who rarely ever plays stabelford I have/had no understanding what css = +1 meant.

Been said a few times but the format is irrelevant

What format you played didn’t cause any of the confusion or issues. Would stop looking towards the format being the issue

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm not saying the format was the issue was more my lack of knowledge of how the format gives it's css, for me, css = +1 meant absolutely nothing, to regular stableford players, it probably made perfect sense.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not saying the format was the issue was more my lack of knowledge of how the format gives it's css, for me, css = +1 meant absolutely nothing, to regular stableford players, it probably made perfect sense.

Would it have made any more or less sense if it had been Medal?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've never seen Stableford CSS represented as simply/confusingly as what the OP posted. (delete as applicable)

When our club does our S'ford results the CSS is allways expressed in terms of S'ford points.

Its not the format that is the issue, its how the organising committee have decided to publish the results.