Stableford css.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Was this actually an official H/C Qualifier run by Golf Scotland ? . Or just a social day out , are all scores returned to home clubs for H/C purposes ?. :confused:

Yes proper qualifier and scores returned to home clubs however, it still takes the match/hcap sec to process it. I was told that it would adjust automatically once processed but I see no change yet via HDID which makes me think it hasn't been processed.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do not know if Scotland is part of the CDH system but I would have thought that would be the quickest way to check rather HDID.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely they will process it and adjust your handicap accordingly?.

Yes, but it's the players responsibility to apply any reduction up until the point the system processes it.

If the CSS isn't known then you use the SSS.

In this case the statement that the CSS is +1 can only reasonably be applied as SSS +1 so with a Par of 70, CSS of 72 and score of 36 points Cabby reduces his handicap by 0.4 when playing in his match...

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Affy lot of surelys going on here from folk who don't know what they're on about :whistle:

The info I've been given is poor to say the least, up until lunchtime today they had NOT processed it thru the CDH system, despite them saying they have, as our h/cap sec was also playing at Leven today and he went online to check, nothing thru. He (the H/cap sec) told me what happens when they process it at their end it comes to our system as a pop up and you just accept it, it hasn't. He then went on the Scottish Golf site and again, there was nothing there.

later he received a call from the fella telling him the info of what the css was, which as it turns out is a .2 reduction, so this css = +1 makes no sense whatsoever..

I'm just home and as of yet, it still hasn't been processed from them but I'm informed I can change my exact handicap next time I log in via our club system.....so much for it happening automatically :rolleyes:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
In this case the statement that the CSS is +1 can only reasonably be applied as SSS +1 so with a Par of 70, CSS of 72 and score of 36 points Cabby reduces his handicap by 0.4 when playing in his match...

Yes that is reasonable to think that, though not the case I'm informed, it's a .2 reduction.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Feel ya pain Cabby.

Played in Royal Montrose Open on back and had a howler, RM processed the score right away and I should have gone up from 5 to 6 but no one at my home club could activate the increase so had to play off 5 in a Mixed Foursomes comp at Carnoustie on the Sunday and we came 4th by .5 :( Kicked up a stink and now changes have been made at home club :thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

Affy lot of surelys going on here from folk who don't know what they're on about :whistle:

The info I've been given is poor to say the least, up until lunchtime today they had NOT processed it thru the CDH system, despite them saying they have, as our h/cap sec was also playing at Leven today and he went online to check, nothing thru. He (the H/cap sec) told me what happens when they process it at their end it comes to our system as a pop up and you just accept it, it hasn't. He then went on the Scottish Golf site and again, there was nothing there.

later he received a call from the fella telling him the info of what the css was, which as it turns out is a .2 reduction, so this css = +1 makes no sense whatsoever..

I'm just home and as of yet, it still hasn't been processed from them but I'm informed I can change my exact handicap next time I log in via our club system.....so much for it happening automatically :rolleyes:

Seems a lot of issues being created for a simple away Comp

First that might be an issue is you not knowing your CDH , how did you enter into the Away Comp when every single HC one I have played requires you to give them your CDH to enter as this proves to them your exact HC and if it’s competitve or not - and if they don’t have your CDH then they can’t submit your score into the system

The second is when they close the Comp the scores are automatically sent to the CDH if the competition is a HQ qualifier and that’s how they will also know what the CSS is - when the Comp is closed , as well as the CSS +1 statement making no sense at all

It’s all automatic and found no issues with it throughout the years I was doing it - as long as the CDH number is known and it’s entered into the Away score

If there is still an issue your HC Sec can add it in manually but until then you simply cut yourself against the SSS of the course regardless

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
LP, this was the second of a 5 round seniors event, they have my CHD number as they have already processed my previous round with my CHD number.

It's simply a shambles in my opinion, if it happens automatically, why 4 full days after the comp has been closed has it not been updated ? it can't be because they don't have my number, cause they do, and not only that, I have an email from stating quite clearly it's all been sent, but as my sec showed me today, nothing has been received.

Fact is, I still don't know whether it's a .2 or a .4 cut.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Had this been a strokeplay/medal comp none of this rubbish would matter, I would know exactly what the css was, instead of this css = +1....wtf does that even mean if they don't tell you how many points the css was.

D

Deleted member 15344

Feel ya pain Cabby.

Played in Royal Montrose Open on back and had a howler, RM processed the score right away and I should have gone up from 5 to 6 but no one at my home club could activate the increase so had to play off 5 in a Mixed Foursomes comp at Carnoustie on the Sunday and we came 4th by .5 :( Kicked up a stink and now changes have been made at home club :thup:

Why couldn’t your home course activate the changes ?

They can put it in manually as long as you give them the relevant info - date , course , CSS and gross score and then the change is put in live and when the download is done it’s put on your CDH and when the score comes in the HC sec can just not accept it as a duplicate

D

Deleted member 15344

LP, this was the second of a 5 round seniors event, they have my CHD number as they have already processed my previous round with my CHD number.

It's simply a shambles in my opinion, if it happens automatically, why 4 full days after the comp has been closed has it not been updated ? it can't be because they don't have my number, cause they do, and not only that, I have an email from stating quite clearly it's all been sent, but as my sec showed me today, nothing has been received.

Fact is, I still don't know whether it's a .2 or a .4 cut.

I don’t understand how they have got your CDH number and you don’t know it - you need it to enter into away comps so how did you enter round 1 ?

If the away club have closed and updated then it will be on the SGU website -

There are a few reasons why your score may not be seen

It’s a non qualifier , the CDH number they have for you is wrong or the update into SGU hasn’t worked but that’s very rare

The away club can just look on their system , SGU can check what they have and your club can force a download

But the easy way right now is for your HC sec to add it into your record manually as an away score - takes 1 min

And the updating of away comps etc makes not difference on whether it’s Stableford or medal

Seems like someone within the path doesn’t know what they are doing - especially with comments like CSS +1

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Firstly, I obviously gave them it to enter but unlike the brs number, the CHD is 10 digits long, I ain't remembering that.

Secondly, it isn't up on Scottish Golfs site (SGU is no more I believe, it's just Scottish Golf)

Thirdly, it's a qualifier.

Lastly, your last line is spot on, I'm going to go with those who ran the comp.

Next round is the 26th July, I'll be having a stern word with them then.

Finally, I now know my CHD number as I can get it off the clubV1 app as my h/cap sec showed me today.

D

Deleted member 15344

Firstly, I obviously gave them it to enter but unlike the brs number, the CHD is 10 digits long, I ain't remembering that.

Secondly, it isn't up on Scottish Golfs site (SGU is no more I believe, it's just Scottish Golf)

Thirdly, it's a qualifier.

Lastly, your last line is spot on, I'm going to go with those who ran the comp.

Next round is the 26th July, I'll be having a stern word with them then.

Finally, I now know my CHD number as I can get it off the clubV1 app as my h/cap sec showed me today.

If it’s not on the Scottish Golf web then no one will have got their HC changes - no HC changes will have been administered for anyone who played the Comp - so I would expect a lot of people would be speaking to them