Stableford Adjustment question

IanMcC

Visit site
I am probably missing something really obvious, but I do not understand my handicap adjustment this weekend.
I shot 82_10_72. The CSS was 72. I had a quadruple bogey 8 and a triple bogey 7. In my mind the Stableford Adjustment would take 2 off for my 8 and one off for my 7, giving me an adjusted gross score of 79, and a net 69, cutting me by 0.6.
In fact, on my handicap record, the Stableford adjustment is only -1, so I was only cut 0.2.
Can one of the gurus explain, please?

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Stableford adjustment is limited to net double bogey, so in your example it depends on the stroke index of your two 'bad' holes.

IanMcC

Visit site
I understand now. I only get 1 cut for my 8 because net score is 7 and 6, not 8 and 7. Thanks. I am a clod.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I understand now. I only get 1 cut for my 8 because net score is 7 and 6, not 8 and 7. Thanks. I am a clod.
(y)

from the manual for reference

19.1/1 Example of Application of Score Adjustment Using Nett Double Bogey
A competitor playing from a handicap of 15 returned a nett score of 70 in a Stroke Play Qualifying Competition. This equalled the CSS of the day. The scorecard, however, contained an 8 at the par 4, 5th hole which was Stroke Index 6. In this instance, therefore, the nett double bogey score was 7 (4+2+1) resulting in the 8 being reduced to 7 (for handicap purposes) with consequent reduction in nett score to 69 and a handicap reduction of 0.3.