Which course handicap/adusted gross do I use?

D-S

Visit site
"whilst resident there." I'm on holiday. We really only join the club because it is financially advantageous to do so.

" the rules of the local jurisdiction would apply with respect to Course Handicaps and resultant adjusted gross scores". That could be the answer to the question. I'll have a look in the Congu Guidance.
Do you post all your scores from there including Matchplay and 4BB? If so, how do you get on with ‘most likely score’?

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Thanks for posting that. I seem to have 'misbookmarked' the link to the guide and still can't find it.

Edit: Got it now. It seems to have moved from the CONGU site to EG

"would normally be entered and the rules of the local jurisdiction would apply with respect to Course Handicaps and resultant adjusted gross scores." I couldn't find this in my copy so I guess there must be a new version. Can you post a link please?

I found the document on the EG site but still cannot find those words. :cry:

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
"would normally be entered and the rules of the local jurisdiction would apply with respect to Course Handicaps and resultant adjusted gross scores." I couldn't find this in my copy so I guess there must be a new version. Can you post a link please?

I can't find where you say I wrote those words.

wjemather

Visit site
"would normally be entered and the rules of the local their home jurisdiction would apply with respect to Course Handicaps and resultant adjusted gross scores." I couldn't find this in my copy so I guess there must be a new version. Can you post a link please?

This wasn't a quote from the rules/guidance. However, it is the logical inference given neither the player nor committee are expected to calculate the adjusted gross manually and nor is the player expected to record zeros for nett double bogeys (using the away CH) rather than their actual scores, and the system applies the home jurisdiction's rules.

Note: I have edited the original post as indicated above (for clarity) with respect to away/home jurisdiction.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
It sounds like this most applies to your situation:

CONGU guidance G1.4b/3 - "(the player) should take with them a copy of the last 20 scores supporting their Handicap Index. The foreign jurisdiction will take this and set up the handicap record locally. Typically in these situations the player is a member of an overseas club in that jurisdiction and plays competitively whilst resident there. At the end of the period away, the player should take a copy of their record whilst residing abroad to allow these scores to be input at their home club and thus adjust their handicap accordingly on the home system."

Just heard back from Handicaps Networks Africa. "... we do not yet permit 9-hole foreign entries, and there's currently no timeline for its introduction." As 19 out of my last 20 scores were 9 hole rounds, CONGU's advice becomes meaningless because it is impossible.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just heard back from Handicaps Networks Africa. "... we do not yet permit 9-hole foreign entries, and there's currently no timeline for its introduction." As 19 out of my last 20 scores were 9 hole rounds, CONGU's advice becomes meaningless because it is impossible.
If you only had one WHS record (using your UK registration) and returned all scores using that ID wouldn't that solve the problem? Or what am I missing?