St Georges Hill

IJames

Visit site
Course looks amazing and is only a couple of miles from my house. Would *love* to play it but even amongst similar premium courses it feels very pricey. Played Swinley last year in August for less and got round twice….and I was blown away. Is SGH even better?!
Same level of class imo, along wiith Sunningdale, New Zealand and The Berkshire. Slightly below, imo, are Burhill and West Byfleet, but any ranking is personal. Lots of great courses in your area! Visitor price is not a measure of quality!

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I have driven past their gates lots of times on the way to the range in Silvermere. The course looked amazing in their video, but it is way past my skill level. like Wentworth, really nice to look at, but for me it would be horrendous to play it. There are raised greens, and the pan there are greens on top of a hill for my shallow iron play.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
That's like comparing Real Madrid and Newport County! And my mate had the courses built at Slayley😁🤣
And yet you can still see a football match from both teams. I’m now saying slayley is world class but it’s a decent place for a knock and I’ve still go a lot of spare change.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can’t believe it’s £240 to play!!!
I wonder if Rick and Pete paid £240 a piece... because they ended up playing the same nine twice in the end so not really full value for it. 😆

It was a good match to watch actually. Both of them took turns in playing some fabulous shots but then bottling it horrendously when leading.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I've only recently started following him so I'm confused - he's definitely not American.
When I used to watch him he tried so hard. He used to put on a really awful American accent. It was very cringe worthy. Hence the comment - I know he's from Manchester really

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I used to watch him he tried so hard. He used to put on a really awful American accent. It was very cringe worthy. Hence the comment - I know he's from Manchester really
Oh.. how strange! I've never noticed that in the vids I've watched, but as I say, I've only recently subscribed so haven't watched loads of them.

HeftyHacker

Visit site

Preston actually. Although you'd never tell from his accent - his dad has a proper accent in the videos he has featured in.

Edit: I've started watching a lot less of him recently as he's gone full Jeremy Clarkson in his presenting style. As soon as he starts leaving a 5 second gap before saying "... in the woooorld" then I know the morphing process is complete.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I wonder if Rick and Pete paid £240 a piece... because they ended up playing the same nine twice in the end so not really full value for it. 😆

It was a good match to watch actually. Both of them took turns in playing some fabulous shots but then bottling it horrendously when leading.
Yeah. I wish they’d do it annually. I’d be having a say if I’d rocked up to find they’d just rope dressed the other greens and I’d paid £240 like.

IJames

Visit site

'Courtesy of the Course' is normally available to Pros - at least once per season for those attached to clubs - in the expectation that the courtesy would be returned. Not sure what sort of deal would be negotiated for Rick and Pete who expect to make a profit from the vid though!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
'Courtesy of the Course' is normally available to Pros - at least once per season for those attached to clubs - in the expectation that the courtesy would be returned. Not sure what sort of deal would be negotiated for Rick and Pete who expect to make a profit from the vid though!
I'll ask the secretary when I'm there in September... 😉

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I played SGH a few times in the 1970's as a Pro [courtesy] or members guest.
Fabulous course and club.