St Andrews Links Trophy

User20204

Visit site
One of the top amateur tournaments in the world kicks off tomorrow at St Andrews with 21 of 26 Walker Cup selected players in the field, should be a great few days golf played by these guys and likely to be some future stars to look out for. Defending Champion John Murphy returns looking to retain but you have to go all the way back to 1997 to find a certain Justin Rose as really the only previous winner who has broke through on the world level.

User20204

Visit site
Seems these guys can play a bit :p guy in already with an 8 under 64, while a local lad is currently 6 under thru 9 :eek:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've played against (and lost) to two of the competitors as they're in my club. They were both on a level-up from everyone else from the age of 13 and 14. Depressing really. ;)

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I should add that conditions today are as about as perfect as they can be on the Jubilee so it's no surprise there are going to be some low scores. The weekend weather is going to be absolutely atrocious so they will all be pressing to make a good score today.

User20204

Visit site
I've played against (and lost) to two of the competitors as they're in my club. They were both on a level-up from everyone else from the age of 13 and 14. Depressing really. ;)

Ben Canton was the guy who was 6 under thru 9 from the New Club, finished 5 under.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm surprised none of our Squirts are playing, a few are still away at Collage in the US.

Rory Frannsenn was a member at ours and Nairn Dunbar, but is down on here as Achterader

D

Deleted member 3432

I should add that conditions today are as about as perfect as they can be on the Jubilee so it's no surprise there are going to be some low scores. The weekend weather is going to be absolutely atrocious so they will all be pressing to make a good score today.

17 under after 36 holes :eek:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The weather hasn't been anywhere near the forecast. It's been quite mild in fact. I'm raging, I made plans to stay indoors and it's actually been fine. Could have played today and stayed dry. :)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of interest, is St Andrews Old Course open tomorrow for this competition? I've read it's closed on Sundays and the general public can walk the course, I'm working down the road and was planning on a drive up on Sunday evening.

User20204

Visit site
Out of interest, is St Andrews Old Course open tomorrow for this competition? I've read it's closed on Sundays and the general public can walk the course, I'm working down the road and was planning on a drive up on Sunday evening.

Yes, one of the rare occasions when the Old is played on, on a Sunday. Matty Lamb has a 5 shot lead after holes holes, think it's 36 today.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice place, I only walked down 18 and stood by the 17th green. How wide is that fairway :eek: I'm pretty sure I'd carve one right onto the cars though :ROFLMAO:
Managed to watch three or four groups go through, my are they painfully slow but they don't half get the job done, some great putting and short game on show.