St Andrews - 3 day unlimited ?

D

Deleted member 23270

Would 2 rounds a day completing all 6 courses be possible?

Travelling end of May.
Yes no problem but not sure I'd be too bothered about the Balgove and possibly the Strathtyrum. I would cram in as many rounds as possible on the Castle, Jub, New and Eden in that order.

D

Deleted member 25575

Yes, though you will be disappointed if you play the Balgrove course.

Plenty of light in May to get 36 in easy enough.

New and Jubilee start and finish pretty close to each other.
Strath and Eden start and finish pretty close to each other
Castle is away off on its own

Edit to say;
Per the above Castle, New, Jub, Eden and Strath in that order

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
You could always do the Castle and then The Torrance at The Fairmont same day as they're next door.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
great info, appreciated.

How far in advance are you able to book time slots?

We are going for 4 nights 5 days so how easy would it be to book ourselves on for 2 x 3 balls on those 4 courses.

You could always do the Castle and then The Torrance at The Fairmont same day as they're next door.

Is this part of the deal?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
great info, appreciated.

How far in advance are you able to book time slots?

We are going for 4 nights 5 days so how easy would it be to book ourselves on for 2 x 3 balls on those 4 courses.

Is this part of the deal?
When I've done it you can only book 3 courses in advance, though late afternoon tee times should be available.
The Torrance isn't part of it.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
everyone is throwing up different favourites which is brilliant from my perspective. Shows how good those 4 courses must be.

If you’re only allowed 3 courses in advance then am I right in thinking I can only book the rest on the day?

Thanks

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Hopefully your not going with the group of cheats you were complaining about the other day, although that thread seems to have disappeared.

Hopefully the weather is good, you’ll have a great time!

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Hopefully your not going with the group of cheats you were complaining about the other day, although that thread seems to have disappeared.

Hopefully the weather is good, you’ll have a great time!
Definitely won’t be doing it with them. My lot are legit honest guys.

Even with bad weather I’m sure we will make the most of it. It’s a toss up between this and Turkey but I believe this deal might have swayed us.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You can book all but the New the day before….so make sure it is one of your advanced bookings to make. Would probably ensure New, Castle and Jubilee are the 3 you book in advance and then work around them. Hopefully they give you friendly times so you can get 36 holes in a day, but I guess being May, there should be plenty of time

good to see you aren’t losing the love any more. Oh how quickly golf can change.

the 3 day ticket at St Andy’s is possibly the best value in golf

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We loved the Jubilee and the Eden, but hated Castle. It's a beautiful course but was just too tough for us on what was a horrible day weather wise. The rough was penal if you weren't dead straight off the tee.

Strathtyrum is ok but not in the same class as the other courses.

D

Deleted member 25575

Yes you can book only 3 rounds in advance, though when you do, if you explain that you’re looking to play 36 in a day they should do all they can to ensure you’re given early/late times.
It’s worth noting that some days there are comps on some of the courses so it’s not like every course is available all day every day.
If it were me and I were playing for the first time I’d do the Castle twice.