Srixon Q Star

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly I can’t try to claim to be the only UK person who plays these anymore as American Golf are selling them... Strangly no AD333s in sight!

Is this the end of the AD333 name?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A lot of golf balls are missing from the major stockists online at the minute. e.g. the Titleist Velocity, which I currently play, and the Bridgestone e6, which I was thinking of testing at some point - are both missing from AG online. And the e6 isn't on Clubhouse either. It might just be a hangover of low stock from over Christmas, or maybe balls being replaced by newer versions?

Edit: AD333s are on Clubhouse Golf still.

Springveldt

Visit site
A lot of golf balls are missing from the major stockists online at the minute. e.g. the Titleist Velocity, which I currently play, and the Bridgestone e6, which I was thinking of testing at some point - are both missing from AG online. And the e6 isn't on Clubhouse either. It might just be a hangover of low stock from over Christmas, or maybe balls being replaced by newer versions?

Edit: AD333s are on Clubhouse Golf still.
AG have a sale on the Bridgestone Tour RX balls just now, £23 for a dozen in yellow. I'm going to give them a go and see if I notice any difference from the Tour X.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow Q star

I thought they came out sometime shortly after the Z star I always assumed it was the same ball just a different name for another countries market.

Velocity and e6 - both have new versions

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Sadly I can’t try to claim to be the only UK person who plays these anymore as American Golf are selling them... Strangly no AD333s in sight!

Is this the end of the AD333 name?

I think this is the American name for our AD333 Tour. Possibly just a rebrand to bring everything in line.

I could be wrong but I'm sure I was told by someone that is what the Q Star is.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think this is the American name for our AD333 Tour. Possibly just a rebrand to bring everything in line.

I thought that but the Srixon UK site is showing both...
Could just be running out the 333T...
Similar ball though.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I thought that but the Srixon UK site is showing both...
Could just be running out the 333T...
Similar ball though.

As I said I could be wrong. Just repeating what I was told.

Z Star (going off at a tangent) is a ball I've started to like again after going off them a few years ago.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've always thought AD333 was a wordy mouthful of a name when you say it out loud. Q Star sounds like a Japanese pop karaoke game or something, but at least it's snappier.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've always thought AD333 was a wordy mouthful of a name when you say it out loud. Q Star sounds like a Japanese pop karaoke game or something, but at least it's snappier.

Just as a side note I found the e6 to be a good ball only down side for me is that they scuff up quickly.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Just as a side note I found the e6 to be a good ball only down side for me is that they scuff up quickly.

Always found that Bridgestone balls in general are not the greatest for wear and tear, used the RXS and the RX models previously and they do discolour and scuff easily.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

i think you are right, i was told the same by the pro at Tain who's a Srixon dealer after finding i few of them with Baldrick.

i've no shortage of 333 though i must still have a whole shopping basket full of them inone of the sheds

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always found that Bridgestone balls in general are not the greatest for wear and tear, used the RXS and the RX models previously and they do discolour and scuff easily.

For me they have never been really any different to any top make urethane ball. I still use the the 2nd version of both (bought in bulk) and if get 2 rounds out of ball I am happy, maybe the newer versions are worse . Last year I was trying out the 2019 Prov1 and x, trying to decide on what I will start playing when RXS run out, and found them no different from a wear point of view.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

my mate who is always trialing different balls and looking to get the best out of his game, said the same, he thought the Bridgestone was agreat ball but cut up and discoloured the quickest.... he's of 2 by the way so a decent ball striker