Sports Direct - Slazenger 300 Golf Balls - 48 balls for £20 any good

AdamW

Visit site

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only downside I found when I used Dunlop's (cheap at the time) in practice rounds was I gave up looking for them really quickly and just put one down or even if it was in a bush and could see it be like meh just use this one

Costs so little happy to lose them..

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I've used loads of cheap balls, courses here have plenty of water so you are losing a few a round. Never really noticed that I've struggled with the cheaper ones, although you can tell the difference when you play a quality ball like a Pro V1 - but at that price, I'd say they're well worth a try.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Spotted these at sports direct, seems a good price for 48 new golf balls

https://www.sportsdirect.com/slazenger-v300-soft-golf-balls-24-pack-875058#colcode=87505801

Are they any good? Anyone tried them?

I have been using lake balls for years but thought I might start buying new ones. Got to be be better than the beaten up ones I usually use?

I am a high handicap so pro v1, srixon Ad333 etc will probably make no difference to me?

Good for you, for me it's an awful choice of ball.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Only downside I found when I used Dunlop's (cheap at the time) in practice rounds was I gave up looking for them really quickly and just put one down or even if it was in a bush and could see it be like meh just use this one

Costs so little happy to lose them..

Lovely for the environment.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As a starting point then they are reasonable until you find yourself improving and the handicap coming down. At that point you need to consider what qualities are important to you (distance, spin, feel)

peld

Visit site
I use them as my practice balls. Decent feel as they are soft.
Wouldnt see an issue in using them for a round if you were a higher handicap.

albie999

Visit site
I use the V300 myself, and in most conditions I find they are fine, sometimes may not grip/spin as much on the greens, however, when the greens are damp or at least not burnt out from summer dryness, I do find that they stop quick enough. I use the V300, as a 24 HCP, like others have said .. I tend to lose some on a round, and do not want to be spending to much cash. However, when It comes to dryer greens, I have started to use Callaway Supersoft ... these are quite a bit more expensive at £19 for 12 (so over double the price), but they are softer of these face, and do spin more

Saying that, I am playing tomorrow night, so will be heading on down to sportsdirect to grab some nice bright orange ones :)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a starting point then they are reasonable until you find yourself improving and the handicap coming down. At that point you need to consider what qualities are important to you (distance, spin, feel)

Are you able to utilize these attributes or does the ball still go in the wrong direction 1/3 of the time?
Do you really always need/want that fade?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Are you able to utilize these attributes or does the ball still go in the wrong direction 1/3 of the time?
Do you really always need/want that fade?

I can with my balls of choice (Pro V1x for firm conditions and Tour Speed in windy or wetter conditions. I do use really hard and cheaper balls (AD333) in the winter and there are clear differences in terms of distance spin and feel.