Budget balls

Gazowen1555

Visit site
Hi all, new here and this is my first post.

I have been playing nearly 2 years and playing to a 16hcp.

I wanted to ask of peoples experiences with budget golf balls. I usually play srixon ad333 or Callaway super soft.
I play a fair bit and have been looking for a good cheap all ball for practise. When I can try a shot and don't care if I lose the ball in a hedge/pond etc...
Someone suggested slazenger v300 from sports direct or Callaway cxr power. The price is what I'm looking at around £12 per dozen but I don't want to sacrifice too much playability.

I really like srixon distance balls but find them terrible for putting.

Thanks

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
There are a lot of people on here giving good feedback from Inesis balls from Decathlon (900 model I think) that are about £20 for a premium ball I believe.

Clubhouse golf sell some Bridgestone Treosofts for £11.99.

Can't go wrong with Wilson Staff DX2 for £16 though

Gazowen1555

Visit site
Hi, thanks ill take a look, I have used the optix, got some free from golf bidder with some clubs, really liked them, felt heavy but even with a steady swing they carried quite well

AdamC28

Visit site
Stick with your Srixon AD333’s, they’re only £12 a box so not much saving going for a cheaper ball.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Stick with your Srixon AD333’s, they’re only £12 a box so not much saving going for a cheaper ball.
I agree. Decent ball (my preference in Winter). You may lose a bit of control around the firmer greens as they are a 2 piece but if the OP is just experimenting then they're not a bad ball to use

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Here, even get them personalised for free.
http://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/produ...r-2-promotion-golf-balls-free-personalisation

I’ve used Snainton before a number of times and only received good service (y)

Second for this

They are currently on offer for this month. 3 for price of 2, free personalised printing

I got 3 boxes and then I’ve got 3 more on order I was so impressed with the service

Try the code save10 for 10% off

I paid £69 for 6 dozen £11.50 a box

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't remember what website it was on, but I remember seeing Pinnacle balls in boxes of 15 rather than 12, for like £15. Might be worth a look.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wanted to ask of peoples experiences with budget golf balls. I usually play srixon ad333 or Callaway super soft.
I play a fair bit and have been looking for a good cheap all ball for practise. When I can try a shot and don't care if I lose the ball in a hedge/pond etc...
Someone suggested slazenger v300 from sports direct or Callaway cxr power. The price is what I'm looking at around £12 per dozen but I don't want to sacrifice too much playability.

I really like srixon distance balls but find them terrible for putting.

Thanks
I use the AD333 as my winter ball, and Wilson DX3 Urethanes when it warms and firms up a bit.
Just my thoughts......
Choose a ball you like putting with, and personally I don't change ball makes or type no matter what I am playing. Getting used to how a ball sounds and acts can be very helpful for your game, and whilst I understand you don't want to throw money away on too expensive a ball, a cheaper (often harder) ball will act and sound different so you won't get the full feedback when trying those shots you might not normally play.

Robin Hood

Visit site
I would look at Gumtree and buy used balls.
Lots of forum members will be shaking their heads 🙀
However it will give you a cheaper way of trying lots of balls.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm quite lazy with this, I just buy a bunch of boxes of balls from clubhouse golf, or similar, from their "on sale" list of balls, this year my current weapons are the Project a's which I think came it at about £20-£25 a box or so but not sure.

Main thing for me is confidence that i'm getting the actual ball i'm buying, and that i'll get enough that i can "get used" to how it reacts (don't really think I do that much) to take away that excuse.

Fabia999

Visit site
I used Wilson DX2 as my ball for about a year. They are now my practice ball.

They occasionally still come out for comps when my chrome softs aren't going down the middle (obviously I need to blame something and its not going to be myself).

Big fan of them and they come in some crazy colours if you're interested in that.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A guy at my place does regular boot fairs and buys golf stuff to sell on. I just bought 40 Pro v 1's for £10, all nice and clean and certainly good enough for winter use. I'm currently playing with Taylormade TP5's which I bought for £100 for 4 dozen.

D

Deleted member 21258

I tend to use balls found on the golf course or srixon distance balls that I bought 500 for £80 off ebay by this seller(pearls/grade A and they were) :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/robertdiamondsareforever

Know you said you don't like putting with srixon distance, the person sells other balls for cheap prices and ideal if you are the kind of person if you don't want to spend ages looking for balls or worrying about losing the odd one.

dronfield

Visit site
I tend to use balls found on the golf course or srixon distance balls that I bought 500 for £80 off ebay by this seller(pearls/grade A and they were) :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/robertdiamondsareforever

Know you said you don't like putting with srixon distance, the person sells other balls for cheap prices and ideal if you are the kind of person if you don't want to spend ages looking for balls or worrying about losing the odd one.

Agree - i have used this seller on Ebay for Pearl/Grade A balls and never been disappointed with quality/condition of ones received.

Rich