Speaking of Mobys.......

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I went to buy 2 new mobys Yesterday In Lincoln. Thought I'd phone around first to check stock etc.
Phoned Carphone warehouse and let it ring for 10 mins....nothing.......in a flippin phone shop. :mad:
Anyway, off I pop to the shop and find the phone I want (LG Viewty) I told the young man I would like 2 and any freebies and was told no. Then was told it didnt come with any cables or hands free. Then was told I had to put £20 credit on it plus I couldnt buy it with money, had to be a card. So it went from £110 to £130 each plus any cables.
Long story short, I finished up in phones4you where I bought 2 of the same phone which included FREE £10 credit each, FREE soft case each all the cables, hands free etc all for £97 each. Saving about £80 Well done the guy in Phones4you and shame on Carphone priceyhouse :)
Now, how does it work? :D

Ste_Denial

Head Pro
Visit site
i couldnt tell you how it works, but i wouldnt go to carphone warehouse, they are always expensive and this proves my point

when i get a new phone i always go to phones4you because they throw things in for free, and give you good deals.

not a bad saving tho bob

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to perhaps taint your purchase Bob, but it is a phone I would have stayed away from. In time the touch sensitive screen will break from my experience (I didn't have one but two people I know ended up with them breaking) despite careful use etc. Certain places on the screen just won't register contact which makes use tricky. Plus the actual touch screen is fiddily to start with anyway, but with practice you should soon get used to it- like with the iphone, blackberry storm etc so this isn't actually a negative. The camera is reasonable I suppose for quick snaps but I found on comparison with my phone (N95) and my mates Viewty despite both being 5 megapixel supposedly the Viewty pic was decidedly poorer. I'm guessing the camera isn't really a major concern for you though.

Oh and both the mates that had it are female / all the people I've seen with them are women ... ;)

On a more positive note I suppose the deal you got in the end was pretty good :D Also carphone warehouse are pretty damn poor in my experience, price wise and service wise, so this isn't a one off.

Enjoy your phone anyway, I'm sure it will do everything you want from it :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Used to work in the Mobiles Acessories race and CPW always had the nickname "Carphone Whorehouse.." Blimmin expensive and you don't really get any satisfaction.......

How did we ever live our lives before mobiles came along? Did life exist?

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just received (Tuesday) 5 x Nokia 5800's directly through Orange.

Each phone has 1000 mins and 1000 texts, unlimited calls to each other.

All this for £66 a month !!! My original deal through a local company was £175 a month for 1600 mins shared, 1000 texts shared. After a bit of haggling and bartering and playing T-Mobile against Orange, Orange offered me an outstanding deal on MOnday, phones delivered on Tuesday.

My new Nokia 5800 is fantastic, 8GB memory, I think it's better than the Mrs's iPhone, she wants a Nokia 5800 now instead of her iPhone.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bob you have to wind that little handle at the side frantically for a few seconds, then hold close to your mouth and project your voice by shouting :rolleyes:.

If you dont get any joy, check your connections, if it still fails you will have to check the line on the reel as it is vulnerable throughout its length, a fox could nibble through it for example ;)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Bob you have to wind that little handle at the side frantically for a few seconds, then hold close to your mouth and project your voice by shouting :rolleyes:.

If you dont get any joy, check your connections, if it still fails you will have to check the line on the reel as it is vulnerable throughout its length, a fox could nibble through it for example ;)

It seems to be working so far, I heard the man from Delmonte today and he said YES!!! :D :D :D

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hope you went back to CPW and rubbed in their lost sale. It can be really satisfying especially if they are dealing with another potential customer!
1022.gif