spare money to spend :)

Dannyj1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got some backpay from work I have been waiting for this month, I have been looking for a watch of some kind to help with distances on the course, was originally looking at the Garmin x40 but was reading online an article from an app developer (so probably not totally objective view) but he was saying how he feels dedicated golf watches will struggle and smart watches will take over as the app developers are more dedicated to creating better apps where as Garmin etc are more interested in the hardware.

I want a watch that will double as a smart watch anyway, so thinking maybe the apple watch and using the hole 19 app, I was also tempted to get the game golf tagging set which also connects with the Apple watch.

Does anyone use an Apple watch with the hole19 app or the Game golf system?

Thanks

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got some backpay from work I have been waiting for this month, I have been looking for a watch of some kind to help with distances on the course, was originally looking at the Garmin x40 but was reading online an article from an app developer (so probably not totally objective view) but he was saying how he feels dedicated golf watches will struggle and smart watches will take over as the app developers are more dedicated to creating better apps where as Garmin etc are more interested in the hardware.

I want a watch that will double as a smart watch anyway, so thinking maybe the apple watch and using the hole 19 app, I was also tempted to get the game golf tagging set which also connects with the Apple watch.

Does anyone use an Apple watch with the hole19 app or the Game golf system?

Thanks

I have the orginal Game golf system and an apple watch.. the apple watch is pretty decent with the golfshot app.. only issue is no GPS in the watch (however that has been addressed im told in the new apple watch) so phone has to stay in your pocket or nearby.

however I just bought a laser for £99 off amazon and its pretty decent. I use both on the course.. laser when I want to see exactly.. GPS when I just want to the front edge

Dannyj1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks I wanted something simple rather than keep going in my bag for a laser, I know you cant use apps on your mobile in comps.....Having my phone in my pocket isnt an issue so could use the Apple watch and the GPS from my phone. I am just not sure what the display looks like.

Thanks

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't forget Black Friday is coming up on Nov 25th. You usually get some cracking golf watch deals on that day so whether you go golf watch or smart watch it is worth holding back on pulling the trigger until then. Research now, buy then.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks I wanted something simple rather than keep going in my bag for a laser, I know you cant use apps on your mobile in comps.....Having my phone in my pocket isnt an issue so could use the Apple watch and the GPS from my phone. I am just not sure what the display looks like.

Thanks

http://a4.mzstatic.com/eu/r30/Purpl...c71-d5d3-9f52-039fd0863dfe/screen390x390.jpeg

hopefully that loads.. thats what you get on golfshot and applewatch

its simple to use.. and then you swipe left on the screen and you enter your score, putts. swipe left again enter club used and fairway found.. further swipe left to get sand shots and pens.. then click save when your done and your on the next hole

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk

Thanks

I'd think you can use apps on your phone to get distances in a comp now (as long as your club has a distance measuring device local rule) http://www.randa.org/News/2015/12/Revision-to-Rules-Regarding-Distance-Measuring-Devices

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Id forget the watch mate and for £20 use my mobile phone and use golf shot, its a lot more ideal, can drag the pin position around to the exact location. Its a great app...just make sure you check with your club for comp uses.

I wouldn't go back to a watch, stick your phone on silent and in your back pocket, simple and easy to use.

Available on both iOS and Android.

Dannyj1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd think you can use apps on your phone to get distances in a comp now (as long as your club has a distance measuring device local rule) http://www.randa.org/News/2015/12/Revision-to-Rules-Regarding-Distance-Measuring-Devices

Ah thanks, I thought I had heard someone say you can't use mobile apps, I always wondered how they are different to the handheld GPS devices. I will check tomorrow about what the rules are, I already have golfshot and hole19, so will look at both and see which is worth paying for the full version.

thanks guys

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah thanks, I thought I had heard someone say you can't use mobile apps, I always wondered how they are different to the handheld GPS devices. I will check tomorrow about what the rules are, I already have golfshot and hole19, so will look at both and see which is worth paying for the full version.

thanks guys

The difference is you can get the wind speed on a phone....I think