Spain next year?

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My group has spent a very enjoyable week in Portugal every year for the last 20 years. However some of the group are getting a bit bored with Portugal, so we're thinking about Spain for next year. It would be 7 nights in September and we would plan to play 5 rounds, preferably at different courses each day. There's 16'ish of us with handicaps ranging from 5 to 28ish.

We're not very familiar with Spain so don't know which areas/resorts/courses to go for. The budget would be about £1000 each, to include flights, accommodation, transfers/hire vans and golf. Any ideas which courses and resorts I should be looking at?

Thanks.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
La Cala won’t let you down. Our society has been there twice now. 3 good courses all on site so no driving needed. Small town a 5-10 min taxi ride away for the evenings, although you can eat on site. We normally pay around £500 for 3 nights 3 rounds, golf, buggies, b&b, flights, transfers and luggage.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Done the Costa Del Sol plenty of times, and there is a lot of choice down there, and it is the obvious choice of destination. However, have a look at the Costa Blanca. Recently moved here and in my opinion, the courses are as good if not better. Played a few of them now and haven't been disappointed with any. La Finca is as good as I've played anywhere, played Villamartin on Sunday and it was also excellent. Flights into Alicante or Murcia are plentiful, and there's loads of places to stay depending on what your group want.