South East - Custom Fitting

sambora666

Club Champion
Visit site
Evening all,

After being fitted 11 years ago at The Belfry I think it is time by X22 Callaways got an upgrade.

Looking into it and I think there are three options:
Silvermere
Golf Principles
Precision Golf

The only issue I have with Silvermere (correct me if I am wrong) this that I will only be able to try manufacturers stock shafts unlike the other two centres, but hitting on a range is more attractive.

I have read reviews on both other venues and just looking for some recent feedback if anyone has been. I would be looking at an iron and driver fitting.

All comments welcome, I am in Maidenhead so all three are within 45 minutes.

Thanks,

Richard

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I haven’t been to either, but everything I have seen about Precision Golf is positive. If I get mew clubs later in the year I would likely go there for a fitting

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Silvermere is like a really really good American Golf.

Precision and Principles are much more bespoke, and carry a range of exotic (some with prices to match) components.

It is really a question of how deep your pockets are and how much the latest/best kit is to you. If the latter, Simon at Precision and Jason at Principles will look after you well. In terms of the choice, depends where you are. I wouldn't drive past one to get to the other.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Silvermere is good, I’ve been fitted there a couple of times. If you pay for the fitting you get it knocked off the price of what you’re buying - assuming you order the goods.
Srixon Z-Stars and GCquad in the fitting bay and they gave me a free token to warm up with 60 balls.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lots of folk from my place go to Precision. Which i did when I treated myself to my retirement present. They are not cheap but are extremely thorough. They are not tied to any OEM and will fit you with what suits you best. A grand half day out (it at least 4 hrs for a full bag fitting). Well worth it.

Ser Shankalot

Visit site
I can't say enough good things about my fitting with Jason at Golf Principles. Knows what he's talking about, quickly homes in on the problem and a solution, and the after visit service from his entire team is superb. No pressure for you to buy anything, just wants you to know what the best specific options for you are and why.

With someone of his background (he originally trained Ian who owns the TXG golf fitting youtube channel) I was a little apprehensive that I would embarrass myself, but he provided a very enjoyable experience.

HantsHacker

Visit site
I can totally recommend Dean at Wokingham Golf. Proper range and equipment, all major brands, no hard sell or time restrictions. Full variety of shafts etc. No money up front and price match.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Silvermere is like a really really good American Golf.

Precision and Principles are much more bespoke, and carry a range of exotic (some with prices to match) components.

It is really a question of how deep your pockets are and how much the latest/best kit is to you. If the latter, Simon at Precision and Jason at Principles will look after you well. In terms of the choice, depends where you are. I wouldn't drive past one to get to the other.

I think the comparison with AG is a bit harsh on silvermere unless it’s changed since I went, and to be fair it was nearly 10 years ago. I thought it was excellent, I was very impressed with the pro that fitted me, although I’m sure he’s moved on since.

Has it changed to an AG approach of being fitted by a shop assistant rather than a pro?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the comparison with AG is a bit harsh on silvermere unless it’s changed since I went, and to be fair it was nearly 10 years ago. I thought it was excellent, I was very impressed with the pro that fitted me, although I’m sure he’s moved on since.

Has it changed to an AG approach of being fitted by a shop assistant rather than a pro?

Some AGs use pros, and the comparison is that Silvermere uses the brands stock and listed customs shafts, whereas Precision and Principles can go off menu into lots of exotica and will make adjustments to the clubs themselves. I don't think Silvermere will grind your wedges.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some AGs use pros, and the comparison is that Silvermere uses the brands stock and listed customs shafts, whereas Precision and Principles can go off menu into lots of exotica and will make adjustments to the clubs themselves. I don't think Silvermere will grind your wedges.

I don't dispute any of that, I just thought your original comment could have been misconstrued without further context given the reputation that the AG fitting experience seems to have with some on here.